Fordson power steering fix

/ Fordson power steering fix #1  

wnymudd

Bronze Member
Tractor
2009 John Deere 3032e HST, 1953 Ford Jubilee, 1963 Fordson Super Major, John Deere 40, Huskee Lawn Tractor
Hey there. I know this is a compact tractor forum but maybe you guys have some insight. We have a 1963 Fordson Super Major that we have in the shop to fix the power steering. Our mechanic replaced the pump and it only turns in one direction (powered). He thinks its the cylinder now and we would like to find a replacement. Called the new holland dealer and said he couldn't get something like that! Any other good sources for fordson parts?:confused:

/ Fordson power steering fix #2  
Where abouts in WNY are you located? As for Fordson parts your best chance is to do a search online and ask some of the parts dealers who show up in the search as they might know who has some if they do not.

/ Fordson power steering fix
Hey there neighbor. I just saw you're from Silver Creek. I'm up in the hills near Cassadaga. Thanks for the advice.:)

/ Fordson power steering fix #4  
wnymudd said:
Hey there. I know this is a compact tractor forum but maybe you guys have some insight. We have a 1963 Fordson Super Major that we have in the shop to fix the power steering. Our mechanic replaced the pump and it only turns in one direction (powered). He thinks its the cylinder now and we would like to find a replacement. Called the new holland dealer and said he couldn't get something like that! Any other good sources for fordson parts?:confused:

Go to this forum:

Fordson Tractors Discussion Board

Ask for this fellow:

Majorman

He's aptly named. If it happened on, or near a major.. or has anything to do with a major.. he's -the- expert. ( iffn' he can't help ya.. you may be up that 'smelly brown creek'.. etc.. )

Soundguy

/ Fordson power steering fix #5  
So you are stuck in the middle of this Bucky mess then? I am fortunate that we are just outside the search area and the only time I see any State Troopers is at Denny's or at the Barracks.

/ Fordson power steering fix
Soundguy thanks I'll check it out. Robert in NY, yeah we are right in the middle of the muck. Just wish they'd catch the guy!! Hard to play outside with the kids with all the commotion going on. Last night we were at my folks for dinner and a neighbor of theirs was out shooting off fireworks... We gathered all the children and went to the basement. Then we saw they were fireworks in the sky. Too much excitement for everyone!! Some people!!:mad: Anyways thanks for the help.