Ford Front end loader Bucket

/ Ford Front end loader Bucket #1  

Birdhunter1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
I have a Ford 3910 with a 7209 (might be a 7208) loader on it and a 7' bucket. The bucket is a bit big for this tractor and I'd prefer a 6' bucket instead. Whenever I get this thing full of rock the rear gets a bit light, tires are loaded and I can get more weight in the back for it if I want to but I'd like to take it a bit easer on the front end and get a smaller bucket.

Question is does anyone have a 6' bucket and want a 7'?
Or does anyone have a 6' bucket to fit this that they would want to sell?

The bucket is in good shape, there is one rust hole in the corner but I can easily fix it if anyone would be interested in trading.

/ Ford Front end loader Bucket #2  
I think the proper solution is to go buy a complete new loader with the correct size bucket and give the other one away. Will it fit on a 2910?:) :) :)

/ Ford Front end loader Bucket #4  
Just cut off the end panels, cut 6" off each side of the bucket and re weld the end panels on. WAHH-LAA.......a 6' bucket. We have had it done to severial over the years.

/ Ford Front end loader Bucket
firemanpat2910 said:
I think the proper solution is to go buy a complete new loader with the correct size bucket and give the other one away. Will it fit on a 2910?:) :) :)

Let me guess give it to you right?

Thanks DGL on that link.

/ Ford Front end loader Bucket #6  
Hey Bird,

Well, I'd like a 7' bucket and I have a 6' bucket on my 3500.
Here's a pic of mine, it too has a few rust holes in it, but
it's good a lot of life left, so, if your interested, then maybe
some all-knowing-Ford-tractor person here can tell us if
they'll fit each others machine.

Wasn't Murphysboro, IL in the news the other day?
Just thought about it, since I live near Murfreesboro, Tn.

/ Ford Front end loader Bucket #7  
Why yes,gee thanks. can I have the remote spools too?:) :)

mrkool, is the cutting edge replaceable on that bucket? it looks pretty well gone.

If you can get a pic of the mounts on the back an tell me what the dimensions are between the mounts and then the width of the mounts themselves and wat size hole for pins I'll get back with you on if they will interchange.

mrkool said:
Wasn't Murphysboro, IL in the news the other day?

Yeah there was an F2 Tornado went through here last Friday. Wierd it did alot of damage about 3-10 west of here and took down a nice big old barn a few miles north of my house (approx. 3-4) I was watching Green acres when the Tornado sirens went off, I walked outside and it was kinda an erie air feeling but no rain or clouds to speak of. Checked the radar on the NWS site and it was all showing several miles north of Murphysboro. later I was in my backyard working on my tractor lights or in my garage all evening and it barely rained hard at all. Some folks 1 mile north of me said they wre headed home about 6 pm or so and they couldn't hardly see their driveway (still daylight) due to the rain. Like I said hardly a drop at my house.

In 1925 an F-5, the worst tornado ever in the US came through Murphysboro (from MO-IL-IN). Type into google the "tri-state tornado of 1925" and you will see tell of Murphysboro, IL. It pretty much wiped out the town, which was a BOOMING metropolis then, the railroad was big here and historians have predicted that if it weren't for that tornado then Murphysboro woudl be the biggest metropolitan area south of Springfield, IL (including the metro east area est of St. Louis, MO). The town has done alright but never truly recovered from what it was then according to historians.