hydrolic whine

/ hydrolic whine #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
why do the whine? what makes them whine...

my FEL hydrolics whine a LOT expecially when "cold" .... even at decent engine speeds 1500-2K rpm

the HST only whines when in high gear (range 3)

/ hydrolic whine #2  
schmism said:
why do the whine? what makes them whine...

my FEL hydrolics whine a LOT expecially when "cold" .... even at decent engine speeds 1500-2K rpm

the HST only whines when in high gear (range 3)

The culprit is vibration caused/induced by the flow of oil. If you wrap all your FEL's hydraulic lines in foam, it would probably reduce the noise. You might get lucky and be able to put some foam where lines touch each other or the metal structure of the loader. My NH loader is quiet as can be, but your loader and plumbing are only going to be as good as the dealer who installed the after-market loader.

HSTs are also prone to vibration and it radiates out through the engine casting that seems to amplify the sound. In my opinion, silencing one of them will be a lot harder than making your FEL a little quieter.

/ hydrolic whine #3  
My TC29d (HST) use to whine in HI gear until I did the 600hr hydro-trans fluid and filter change. I use OEM New Holland filters and Multi G 134 fluid. Now the hydraulics and transmission are almost silent. I figured the older fluid had moisture in it but it looked clear and clean when I drained it.

/ hydrolic whine #4  
From comments on a thread I posted after my 600 hr service, it seems Kubotas larger than my BX are supposed to get a filter change at 200hr and oil and filter at 400hr rather than both at 300he. I just changed the filter at 800hr (200 interval) and it quieted back down to normal.