new remotes

/ new remotes #1  

schmism

Tractor
New holland TC(33)
Installed the rear remotes yesterday i bought when i got my tractor.

really straight forward. I SAID i would take some pics of the install, but alis, i was without camera :(

also took a sec to loosen that castle nut on the 3pt handle which makes that MUCH nicer. now if i could trouble shoot my 3pt speed control so it would work right....

as soon as the house loan goes through ill get the top n tilt :D

/ new remotes #2  
schmism said:
now if i could trouble shoot my 3pt speed control so it would work right....

Congratulations on a successful remote valve install. It really is an easy job.

On the 3PH "speed" control...
Do you mean the needle valve that controls how fast the 3PH drops? It doesn't have any effect on how fast the 3PH raises, it only works for lowering the 3PH.

/ new remotes
jinman said:
Congratulations on a successful remote valve install. It really is an easy job.

On the 3PH "speed" control...
Do you mean the needle valve that controls how fast the 3PH drops? It doesn't have any effect on how fast the 3PH raises, it only works for lowering the 3PH.

Thanks ;)

and yes how fast the 3pt drops. (I know it has nothing to do with raise) but ive got the knob (under the seat) cranked ALL the way in as hard as i can turn it by hand which i thought would have had my (heavy) rear blade dropping painfully slowly... like a good a good 5 count from full up to down (2' plus drop at the blade edge) but no.

even at full "turtle" speed its still only barly a second. losen it up and the thing slams into the ground almost instantinously. = really hard to fine tune the rear blade. especally now that ive loosened up the lever control....

/ new remotes #4  
schmism said:
I SAID i would take some pics of the install, but alis, i was without camera :(
Here's a link to an old thread, almost 5 years ago, about installing rear remotes, which includes pictures.

/ new remotes
MikePA said:
Here's a link to an old thread, almost 5 years ago, about installing rear remotes, which includes pictures.

thanks for the link for future peeps although i hadnt seen it before i did mine.

i took one of the pics and noted a few other areas of intrest for common questions that come up...

remote_area.JPG