Silver Member

Default Sensitrak Shifting

My '04 TC40D has Supersteer and the Sensitrak clutch. When I move the shift lever into 4wd lock all works well. When I move the lever back to auto the clutch does not release. I have to get off of the tractor and grab the shift lever on the side of the clutch housing and move it back to the auto position. Seems like there is a burr on the shifting mechanism or it needs a heavier spring. Anyone else have this trouble? How do I fix it?
    TC 40D 17LA loader

Tractor
    TC-40D SS New Holland

Default Re: Sensitrak Shifting

Andy if the cable starts to get a bit sticky you'll experience the same situation. I might suggest removing the cable from the hand lever mechanism and find out which is binding first, then you can better deal with it.

Silver Member

I will check the cable.

Thanks
    TC 40D 17LA loader

Silver Member

The cable is working fine. In fact there is slack where it connects to the gearbox. The shaft going into the side of the Sensitrak box is sticking in the "ON" position.
    TC 40D 17LA loader