tc 30 hydrollic question

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #1  

joseph39421

I have a New Holland tc 30, I changed hydrollic fluid the other day. When I was on the tractor today with it sitting still ideling with the bush hog fully raised I noticed the tractor hydrollic arms pull up just a fraction, I guess it was copensating for the leak down? I have not ever seen the tractor do this before, the tractor has 431 hrs on it, the new hydrollic fluid I put in it was shell domax. I was wondering if this type of fluid could cause this, do you guys think I should have went back with new holland brand fluid? I changed the filter also when I did the complet fluid change, when the tractor is turned off I can hear the poping sound of the hydrollic system as it leaks down, isnt this tractor pretty new to be haveing hydrollic trouble this early, someone told me that ford new holland tractors are bad about this hydrollic leak problem, he said that john deere doesnt do this but a ford is bad about it. Do any of you guys notice your tractors doing this? I timed my tractor, it corrects every 15 seconds, didnt notice untill the fluid change, one guy said it could have some air in it. How is the shell domax as for as quality?

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #2  
joseph39421 said:
I I was wondering if this type of fluid could cause this, do you guys think I should have went back with new holland brand fluid?

I would suggest you see if the Shell fluid meets the same specs as the NH fluid.
Bob

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #3  
First off, how many hours have you run it since you changed the fluid? If you haven't ran it very much since the fluid and filter change, and then there is a chance that there is air in the system. If you have air, all you need to do is run the tractor and work the lift up and down. That will purge the air out. If it doesn't then it could be the filter. My memory isn't as good as it use to be, but it seem like a couple of years ago there was a member or two that had to go back to factory filters. The aftermarket filter was too restrictive.

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #4  
Joe, I don't think the hydraulic oil has anything to do with your problem. Shell Donax TD, TDL, and TD plus all meet New Holland specs.

Does your 3PH also correct at 1/2 height? If it corrects at all levels, that might indicate a leak. If it only bobs up and down at the highest level, that is probably an adjustment. If you look at your linkage arms, you might see a mechanism that limits the maximum height of the lift. It will look like an arm with an adjustable bolt/nut and a strike pad. That is what is on my tractor (a TC45) and if it is out of adjustment, your 3PH will bob up and down some (hiccup) when the lift control is all the way up at the very highest position.

I would talk to your dealer's service manager about it. My 3PH on my tractor is solid as a rock and will not drop at all. If yours is dropping (as evidenced by the popping sound) then it needs to be looked at. It should not do that. That is not the case for FELs. Loaders just don't have the quality components of the 3PH and it will lieak down. Any brand will do that until you get into very high-end tractors.

I'd talk to the service manager. If he says it is normal, then ask him if he can show you another tractor that does it.

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #5  
I agree with what the others have said.

In general, if CNH is still using an unloading valve type 3pt system like ford designed back in 1952, then once the system leaks down a bit.. then the system will regenerate.. this is the bobbing you see.

My NH 7610s will do this if i have the idle real low, and 2500+ pounds ont he lift... I'd guess it bobs 1/4 to 1/2 inch probably due to cyl leakage... At anything other than idle..it isn't noticeable.

If your tractor is real new.. and doing it pretty noticeably.. I'd get er' check if in warranty.

Soundguy

/ tc 30 hydrollic question
In the past when I stoped the tractor and bush hog I would lower the bush hog all the way to the ground while I let the tractor idle, I havent let it sit their raised with the throttle at a higher setting, I need to try that. This tractor is about 5 yrs old, if its a seal thats got a leak, what could have caused this? When I start useing my box blade, will this affect my gradeing with this since the box blade is lighter and closer to the tractor?

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #7  
The hyd seals just wear. It could have even had a flaw in the seal or cyl from the factory.. or been slightly damaged during assembly.

The boxblade being lighter will probbaly be -less- of a problem.

If it was under warranty.. i'd get it fixed.. if it wasn't.. and was just a nuisance.. I really wouldn't anguish over it, untill it became a problem.

If it were a ford N.. it would be about a 4 hour job from pulling into the garage to pulling out of the garage... ( it ain't an N.. but the concept for the repair is similar.. except for all the extra junk that is bolted ontot he tractor that an N doesn't have. )

Soundguy

/ tc 30 hydrollic question #8  
Joe, if the 3PH drops slowly when the engine is shut off, it most likely is a seal. If it only happens when the engine is running, it's probably an adjustment. From your description of the popping sound, I think it might be a seal, but it sounds like a minor leak. If it is so minor, then it probably will not have any effect on your ability to do grading. Just tractor movement across rough spots and bumps will have more effect than a tiny movement of the 3PH.