TN 65 wiring diagram?

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #1  

gsxrsquid

Bronze Member
Well epoxied the fuel tank (and it actually didn't leak) and put everything back together. Though I thought I was taking great care to keep all connectors in place and not put any strain on the delicate wiring, when it was all together the engine would not crank. also noticed the PTO light would not come on. I could start it by jumping the solenoid on starter so I could move it.
Fiat has a history or poor electrical design and installation and the TN65 carrys on the tradition. We always said how a fiat 500 dollar wiring harness would burn up to save a 5 cent fuse.
The fuse block is a joke and the corrosion was so bad I couldn't believe it. I need to replace the dash panel anyway. so will probably upgrade the wiring system (read rewire the entire tractor)
Is there an actual wiring diagram I can get in the mean time to try and trouble shoot what circuit is messing me up? I am pretty sure is probably the shuttle interlock that keeps it from starting in gear.
Once I know what wires go where I will use my zebrastat to troubleshool it.
Thanks Dennis

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #2  
I too had electrical problems with my TN65. Finally had the dealer pick it up and examine the problems at their facility.

There were a couple of blown fuses that didn't show any signs of being blown and the headlight assembly was shorted-out.

Before I called the dealer, I was searching for a wiring diagram on the internet, but no luck. I guess a person could order one from NH...at a tidy price, I'm sure.

Good luck!!

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #3  
You can purchase the electrical section of the service manual set separately. Schematics are in this section. Be sure to have the configuration (TNS, TN, TND etc) AND serial number when ordering in order to get the correct version. Post whether you have mechanical shuttle or power shuttle, cab or open station and black or gray chassis, maybe I can help

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #4  
gsxrsquid said:
Well epoxied the fuel tank (and it actually didn't leak) and put everything back together. Though I thought I was taking great care to keep all connectors in place and not put any strain on the delicate wiring, when it was all together the engine would not crank. also noticed the PTO light would not come on. I could start it by jumping the solenoid on starter so I could move it.
Fiat has a history or poor electrical design and installation and the TN65 carrys on the tradition. We always said how a fiat 500 dollar wiring harness would burn up to save a 5 cent fuse.
The fuse block is a joke and the corrosion was so bad I couldn't believe it. I need to replace the dash panel anyway. so will probably upgrade the wiring system (read rewire the entire tractor)
Is there an actual wiring diagram I can get in the mean time to try and trouble shoot what circuit is messing me up? I am pretty sure is probably the shuttle interlock that keeps it from starting in gear.
Once I know what wires go where I will use my zebrastat to troubleshool it.
Thanks Dennis

Zebrastat? Are you a HVAC technician?

zebra.jpg

/ TN 65 wiring diagram?
Pineridge. guilty as charged. And that is a lovely pic of the zebra stat. I also have one in blue. lol

/ TN 65 wiring diagram?
RickB:

it is a 2000 standard tractor 4wd. synchro command. open station, gray chassis.

I Hate to have to pull the deck and accessories again just to trouble shoot the electrical. Next time I just rewire the turkey. Have had lots of electrical problems. turn signals rops lights have not worked correctly since it was new. almost 400 hours now. I am going to have to disassemble fuse panel and clean all corrosion, replace with decent fuses and use dielectric grease next time.
I haven't found a diagram on line. do you have a section to look up in the catalog?

Dennis

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #7  
I do not have a schematic. Too bad you removed the deck and whatnot to get at the fuel tank. Much easier to just remove the left rear wheel.

/ TN 65 wiring diagram?
LOL well if I removed the rear wheel I would never get it back on. It is full of water and I only have the one tractor. Believe me I have thought many times how much easier it would be if I could just pull a wheel.

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #9  
If you had ever seen it done, you would give it a try. I have unbolted many, many 28 to 38 inch diameter loaded rears and rolled them out of the way alone without any special equipment. They are after all, round and roll well. If you hold them near vertical, they aren't heavy. It does help greatly to do it on a concrete floor.

/ TN 65 wiring diagram? #10  
RickB said:
If you had ever seen it done, you would give it a try. I have unbolted many, many 28 to 38 inch diameter loaded rears and rolled them out of the way alone without any special equipment. They are after all, round and roll well. If you hold them near vertical, they aren't heavy. It does help greatly to do it on a concrete floor.

What would you use to support the tractor? And what if it was done on a level compact dirt floor and not on concrete?
Bob