Quick Dump hesitation

/ Quick Dump hesitation #1  

Typhoon

Gold Member
Tractor
LS MT357HC
Has anyone else had this happen before? I have a NH 7308 loader, and it works great, no problems. However, when I use the quick dump feature, before it dumps there is an approximate 2 second hesitation before it will dump. It is strange because it only started doing it about 3 months ago (have had the tractor for 3 years). Any ideas? All fluids are full, filters changed on time, etc..
Thanks..
-Brad

/ Quick Dump hesitation #2  
Yes, I noticed mine does the same thing. It was much faster when it was new. Old age I guess, like myself.

/ Quick Dump hesitation #3  
Your not alone. I had a 7106 that did the same thing. The 12LA that I now have also does it sometimes. It been said here that NH's FEL valves are on the cheap side.

I don't lose any sleep over it anymore...but there was a time when I did ;)

/ Quick Dump hesitation #4  
My 2004 TC 30 with he 7308 FEL never did this, but my new TC 40 with the 16 FEL has done it a few times. I believe it mostly happens within the first 10-15 minutes of operation. I hate to say this but I haven't even put 10 hours on my new tractor. I'm going to monitor the problem before I decide to have the dealer look at it.

/ Quick Dump hesitation #5  
My 12LA does it too, when I start in regular dump and then progress to quick mode. If I go quickly to the fast dump, it goes no problem. It was explained to me that it is a normal lag time due to the hydraulic system needing to switch over to another circuit/spooler? (Never fully understood the hydraulics). I've learned to be efficient with it and try to pick one mode or the other for the task at hand. Still beats a shovel and wheel borrow!!

Brad

/ Quick Dump hesitation #6  
SacandagaBrad said:
My 12LA does it too, when I start in regular dump and then progress to quick mode. If I go quickly to the fast dump, it goes no problem. It was explained to me that it is a normal lag time due to the hydraulic system needing to switch over to another circuit/spooler? (Never fully understood the hydraulics).
Nowhere near the correct answer. That person knows less about hydraulics than you (and I am not dumping on you).

The real explanation on how it works can be found HERE. Moving quickly is the correct method of operation for the regen dump.

/ Quick Dump hesitation #7  
MadReferee said:
Nowhere near the correct answer. That person knows less about hydraulics than you (and I am not dumping on you).

Mad,

Ha! I like the play on words. Was that a regular dump or a fast dump?
Thanks for the link. Believe it or not, that's pretty much how it was explained to me (not in that much detail) and the switch to regen is where the lag came in. Still not exactly sure how it works, but one difference with mine over some of the other posts is that mine has always performed like that since the day I bought it. I asked the dealer early on and he said it was normal. The explanation in the link makes it much clearer now.

Brad

/ Quick Dump hesitation #8  
I find my loader dumps much quicker and with almost no hesitation when I have the engine rpm at 2000 or above. At low rpm, there is a definite hesitation; although, I've never really measured the hesitation time.

/ Quick Dump hesitation #9  
jinman said:
I find my loader dumps much quicker and with almost no hesitation when I have the engine rpm at 2000 or above. At low rpm, there is a definite hesitation; although, I've never really measured the hesitation time.

Same with my machine.
Bob

/ Quick Dump hesitation #10  
Mine has had the hesitation always; was told it is normal. If it has the regen feature; why are they doing it?