FEL Hose routing.

/ FEL Hose routing. #1  

gsxrsquid

Bronze Member
My TN65 has a 2446 Bushog FEL. I bought it with the tractor and they ran the lines under the deck along side the hydraulic pipes. Ther were getting snagged and abraded so I have run it over the top deck, along the fender grab bar and supports off the Rops.
I want to re-route it underneath again but want to protect them. I was thinking of mounting pipe underneath and running the lines through the pipe. I would appreciate any suggestions from someone who has had the same probelm and found a solution.

Dennis

/ FEL Hose routing. #2  
You might want to look into changing over to the mid mount couplers, that way it is solid metal right over to the FEL mount bracket. I do not know how much work is involved or how much it would cost but it is an option.

/ FEL Hose routing. #3  
Some folks cover (wrap) them with another protective hose or sleeve.
Bob

/ FEL Hose routing. #4  
I ran the remote lines for my grapple bucket run underneath my tractor. I protected them with some old 1 1/2" fire hose that my local fire department was throwing away.

I even got fancy and dyed the hose jacket with RIT fabric dye. It looks nice.

/ FEL Hose routing. #6  
Fire hose would be great. I have used automotive heater hose in the past. I jus slit it length wise, wrapped it around the hydraulic hose, and taped it every so often. Cheap and simple, KISS.

/ FEL Hose routing. #7  
Yep.. chase pipes will work fine..

Soundguy

/ FEL Hose routing. #8  
I've got a smaller machine, but have had no problems associated with the hoses. My quick connects are right where the loader frame is at midpoint. All hoses, including for the grapple, run along the loader frame on the inner side. they seem pretty well out of the way of hungry branches and such and are well up off the ground when I'm running around in the woods.

/ FEL Hose routing. #9  
Rich, the early TN's ran the loader lines from the rear remotes. The rubber hose ran over the rear axle and under the platform until it reached the loader mount, then it ran along the side of the loader above the hinge point. It wasn't until a few years ago that NH changed to mid mount couplers on the TN for the loaders. There is a lot of hose hanging under the early TN's and is something we have to pay close attention to as if you work around brush you always worry about a stump grabbing them.