Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member

Default FEL Hose routing.

My TN65 has a 2446 Bushog FEL. I bought it with the tractor and they ran the lines under the deck along side the hydraulic pipes. Ther were getting snagged and abraded so I have run it over the top deck, along the fender grab bar and supports off the Rops.
    I want to re-route it underneath again but want to protect them. I was thinking of mounting pipe underneath and running the lines through the pipe. I would appreciate any suggestions from someone who has had the same probelm and found a solution.

Dennis

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default Re: FEL Hose routing.

You might want to look into changing over to the mid mount couplers, that way it is solid metal right over to the FEL mount bracket. I do not know how much work is involved or how much it would cost but it is an option.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Elite Member
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

Some folks cover (wrap) them with another protective hose or sleeve.
    Bob

Silver Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC33DA hydro w/supersteer

I ran the remote lines for my grapple bucket run underneath my tractor. I protected them with some old 1 1/2" fire hose that my local fire department was throwing away.

I even got fancy and dyed the hose jacket with RIT fabric dye. It looks nice.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    tc- 29d

pvc pipe may work
    dqdave1; tc-29D; woods 7500 bh; 7308 fel, land pride tiller, land pride rake, gill pulverizer, 60"mmm. , bucket forks , MZ16H

Elite Member
    Rest in Peace

Tractor
    Kubota B2710, IH TD6-62 dozer with Drott 4n1 bucket loader

Fire hose would be great. I have used automotive heater hose in the past. I jus slit it length wise, wrapped it around the hydraulic hose, and taped it every so often. Cheap and simple, KISS.
    My friends call me Mad, everyone else thinks I'm mad.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Yep.. chase pipes will work fine..

Soundguy

I've got a smaller machine, but have had no problems associated with the hoses. My quick connects are right where the loader frame is at midpoint. All hoses, including for the grapple, run along the loader frame on the inner side. they seem pretty well out of the way of hungry branches and such and are well up off the ground when I'm running around in the woods.
    Rich
    300 hours on the DX29, 850 on the JD 240 and too many to count on the Cadet
    Funk, Ohio

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Rich, the early TN's ran the loader lines from the rear remotes. The rubber hose ran over the rear axle and under the platform until it reached the loader mount, then it ran along the side of the loader above the hinge point. It wasn't until a few years ago that NH changed to mid mount couplers on the TN for the loaders. There is a lot of hose hanging under the early TN's and is something we have to pay close attention to as if you work around brush you always worry about a stump grabbing them.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Elite Member
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

Quote Originally Posted by Soundguy
    Yep.. chase pipes will work fine..

Soundguy
    What are chase pipes????
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast