TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas?

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #1  

AndyMA

Elite Member
Tractor
Ford 2120 , Kubota MX5200 , Deere X748SE. 1956 Economy Tractor
I've been trying to get a repair and parts manual for my TN75D, but all they seem to do is go up in price. I find $800 extremely high for the pair. They just seem to be getting higher and higher all the time.
Any ideas. I keep my eyes on eBay but so far no luck.

Andy

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #2  
$800 now - WOW!

Seems like they were about $300 for both sets a few years ago when I bought mine.

Who would have thought there would be that kind of appreciation in tractor manuals?

Maybe they priced them that high to give people more incentive to buy the CD version

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas?
There is no CD version I wish there was

Andy

And I wish the CD version was much cheaper. When I asked a while ago why so much $$, NH responded that it costs a lot to write them.

Andy

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #5  
AndyMA said:
And I wish the CD version was much cheaper. When I asked a while ago why so much $$, NH responded that it costs a lot to write them.

Andy

What a bunch of dealer whooey. They have to print them for the dealer's so they are already written. All they have to do is print additional copies. Just another dealer bending the customer over the barrel. If they cost so darn much to make why don't automotive and heavy truck repair manuals cost that much?

Actually this is the price purchased directly from New Holland web site and the comments about the cost came from someonein the New Holland publications department. Do you think that dealers pay this much for manuals.

Andy

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #7  
Andy, I swear I've seen on ebay the manuals for your TN75 while sweeping through the NH tractor bid items. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. Wish I had know you were looking. I bought my first set from the dealer when I bought my TC48, $300. Then about 4 months later I spied a complete set on ebay for a buy -it-now price of $50. So I bought them also. Was a bit POed I didn't find them before buying the machine, but now I have a set for the gargae, and a clean set for the office, to read at my ldesk. I be on the look out for ya!;)

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #8  
DieselPower: This is not a valid topic for dealer bashing. Dealers pay most of the retail cost for manuals including EVERY manual and revision for EVERY machine they have a sales contract for whether they will ever sell that particular model or not. Manuals are supplied to dealers by 'subscription' and are non-returnable. Assuming dealers set the retail price for service publications shows a decided lack of understanding of the facts. Many dealers actively attempt to get customers to deal directly with NH for service publications; including the one I used to work for.

Andy, you may decide to forego the parts catalog now that NH parts catalogs are available online. Also, last time I checked, service manuals were still available by section. Electrical, Transmission (for Power Shuttle owners) and Cab will give you 85% of what most mechanically inclined owners will ever need. Would you undertake to change front axle seals if needed for example, or would you hire it done? Do you really expect to need service info on the engine? I should hope not. Just some thoughts, your mileage may vary. If you find a set on Ebay or from another similar source, be SURE you are buying a manual that applies to YOUR configuration of TN. A manual for a TNS/D has significantly different info in areas you are likely to need than a manual for a standard TN.

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #9  
RickB said:
DieselPower: This is not a valid topic for dealer bashing. Dealers pay most of the retail cost for manuals including EVERY manual and revision for EVERY machine they have a sales contract for whether they will ever sell that particular model or not. Manuals are supplied to dealers by 'subscription' and are non-returnable. Assuming dealers set the retail price for service publications shows a decided lack of understanding of the facts. Many dealers actively attempt to get customers to deal directly with NH for service publications; including the one I used to work for.

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't trying to bash a dealer. I guess I should have said corporate NH is who is to blame for being criminals. I buy over 100 service manuals for P/U trucks and heavy road tractors every year and have never had to pay prices anywhere close to that for a full set. In fact most of the manuals I get now come on disc. 1 disc covers everything made that year and still doesn't cost that much. It's just a plain rip off and they know they can get away with it. My point is that NH corporate has a scam going that no one can do anything about. Raking the dealers and customers over the coals for as much money as they can bleeed out of them.

/ TN75D $800 repair & Parts Manuals- Any Ideas? #10  
DieselPower said:
My point is that NH corporate has a scam going that no one can do anything about. Raking the dealers and customers over the coals for as much money as they can bleeed out of them.

Now I have to wholeheartedly agree with that.