Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default New Holland dropping its hay line???

Hey guys, I was talking to a friend of mine who is in constant talks with Agco, CNH and John deere for various reasons. Anyway, I have found that what he tells me is usually true. He mentioned to me the other day that New Holland is planning on dropping its hay line of equipment. They said that with Kuhn, Claas and Krone coming over that they do not have as large of a market anymore. I know one New Holland dealer up this way just bought the Kuhn line from a neighboring John Deere dealer in anticipation of this.

Personally I do not want to see New Hollands hay business go under. Gehl already shut down last year and if New Holland shuts down it will definitely impact the market. My only hope is that New Holland is thinking of streamlining its hay division and dropping less profitable items.

Has any of the dealers heard whispers of this from CNH?

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Platinum Member EquipmentJunkie's Avatar
    Tractor
    Ford 1520

Default Re: New Holland dropping its hay line???

I'd be very surprised if this news is true.

I DO know that CNH is going to transfer European round baler production to Europe and the New Holland, PA plant will no longer produce yellow round balers.
    If it has wheels and an engine, you have my attention.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Rumor... We sell some of the other lines (Krone) and they are really not direct competition for New Holland. The EU products and American products are actually rather different.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1100, MF135, MF65

New Holland is presently the the number one baler manufacture with over 50% of the NA market as I recall correctly.

Platinum Member EquipmentJunkie's Avatar
    Tractor
    Ford 1520

The plant in New Holland, PA built the 200,000th New Holland round baler this past summer.
    If it has wheels and an engine, you have my attention.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by whitetiger
    New Holland is presently the the number one baler manufacture with over 50% of the NA market as I recall correctly.
    I thought so but as I said, I wonder if they are going to streamline their product range to concentrate on what sells best. I know around here almost everyone uses Kuhn or Claas rakes. Discbines are split between New Holland, Kuhn and John deere. Balers are mostly New Holland and John Deere.

How does NH rank with large square balers? I think Agco/Hesston leads that segment.

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

This kinda stuff is SO regional. Around here, you probabaly see 10 New Hollands to 1 Heston and 3 deere's.

Tractor
    1975 John Deere 1530

Quote Originally Posted by MessickFarmEqu
    This kinda stuff is SO regional. Around here, you probabaly see 10 New Hollands to 1 Heston and 3 deere's.
    I agree. Where I'm from, no matter what color the tractor is, the overwhelming majority of hay implements are NH, even with strong JD dealers in the area.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

New Holland certainly seems to be making a big deal out of the production of it's 200.000 th round bailer.

Press Releases

Andy

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

Quote Originally Posted by dgl24087
    I agree. Where I'm from, no matter what color the tractor is, the overwhelming majority of hay implements are NH, even with strong JD dealers in the area.
    Is there any more deere loyal area than IL?

most of what i see in the hay feilds is NH stuff. the occational green round bailer but for the most part its all NH stuff.....

when i was shopping for my tractor the NH dealer said NH bread and butter was hay equip. I find it hard to belive your going to give THAT up....
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys