Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

Default Testing a hydro trans.

When I was trading my tc45 a dealer tested the transmission by holding the rpm @ 18-2000 rpm and ran the tractor forward and reverse at a very slow rate. Wouldn't say what he was looking for... just indicated the working capability was within specifications. When they are worn are they jerky or have a unique sound ? Just curious. I have seen some hydros in skid steers that needing replacing due to creeping in neutral and a loss of power.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Testing a hydro trans.

I suspect he was listening to the sound and getting feedback through the "seat of his pants" and right foot. He probably didn't tell you what he was looking for because his test was so subjective, especially if he didn't put the tractor under a heavy load enough to stall the transmission and lift the relief valve.
    Jim

Tractor
    New Holland TC 55 DA, 4110 John Deere, HT 20 Bolens, 1456 Bolens

That is what has me curious. Not under load, high rpm, very slow as it could travel, and the feel through the hydro pedal. I was hoping a nh dealer could explain this as it may help spmeone in the future looking at a high hour hydro unit.

Quote Originally Posted by joes_427_vette
    That is what has me curious. Not under load, high rpm, very slow as it could travel, and the feel through the hydro pedal. I was hoping a nh dealer could explain this as it may help spmeone in the future looking at a high hour hydro unit.

I think he was looking to see if he could snooker you out of a couple more $$$ of trade in value. Probably trying to see if your muffler bearings were worn, or if the frobnatz bypass valve was degiberating properly. If not, those are real expensive !