Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

Default How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33

I'm looking to buy a 60" tooth bucket for my DX33. I've got an LX114 loader with quick attach. I'm leaning toward a tooth bucket from Markham Welding but their bucket weighs in at about 430 lbs. I don't think this would be too heavy for this loader with a heaping bucket of dirt but just want to make sure. I'd guess the smooth bucket I have now weighs in at about half that. Any info appreciated.

jk

Tractor
    New Holland TC29DA, John Deere 455D

Default Re: How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33

jk96:

NH has bolton cutting edges as well as bolton toothbars that fit over the bolton cutting edges available for the QA HD 60" bucket. Messick Equipment and Outdoor Power - New Holland - kubota - Case IH - Parts, Sales & Service has the part numbers. The bolt on cutting edge both strengthens and protects the front edge of the FEL and is a lot lighter and cheaper than buying a new bucket. Jay

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by jk96
    I'm looking to buy a 60" tooth bucket for my DX33. I've got an LX114 loader with quick attach. I'm leaning toward a tooth bucket from Markham Welding but their bucket weighs in at about 430 lbs. I don't think this would be too heavy for this loader with a heaping bucket of dirt but just want to make sure. I'd guess the smooth bucket I have now weighs in at about half that. Any info appreciated.

jk
    I don't think that the 430 lb bucket will be that much heavier than your standard bucket with both a toothbar and a cutter bar. Those weigh about 75 lb each, so add 150 lb to your 230 lb bucket and you are at 380 lb. The 430 is not that much more.

I do agree with Jay though. I would not buy a new bucket if I could buy a toothbar and cutter bar for my current bucket. However, if you bought the standard duty bucket instead of the heavy duty one, you can't add the cutter bar, but you could add a toothbar, even if you have to drill the holes in the side of the bucket to mount the toothbar.

I have two buckets, but that's because they are different sizes and I use them for different projects. A plain NH quick-attach bucket is over $600. How much is the Markham bucket with toothbar?
    Jim

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

Jr and Jinman - thanks for the responses.

Jinman, I origionally planned on just buying a toothbar for my original bucket until I got a quote on a toothbuket from Markhem.

60" toothbar - $231.00
    60" toothbucket (skidsteer universal) - $485.00

I thought this was a really good price on the bucket and just figured for a little extra money I can quickly switch between the two buckets and not have to bolt or un-bolt the toothbar. I don't remember what shipping was but it wasn't too bad. Thanks again.

jk

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by jk96
    Jr and Jinman - thanks for the responses.

Jinman, I origionally planned on just buying a toothbar for my original bucket until I got a quote on a toothbuket from Markhem.

60" toothbar - $231.00
    60" toothbucket (skidsteer universal) - $485.00

I thought this was a really good price on the bucket and just figured for a little extra money I can quickly switch between the two buckets and not have to bolt or un-bolt the toothbar. I don't remember what shipping was but it wasn't too bad. Thanks again.

jk
    That's what I do. I have one bucket with a toothbar and one with a smooth edge and cutterbar. Also I have one large (72") and one small (60") bucket.
    Jim

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH TC33DA

I got a 68" bucket with my TC33DA. I put on a Markham toothbar and have been a digging fool with it on my farm. I have taken out small trees with it. I primarily have used it for shaving down fence row areas between fields. Very quickly comes off for times I need a smooth edge.