How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33

/ How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33 #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
I'm looking to buy a 60" tooth bucket for my DX33. I've got an LX114 loader with quick attach. I'm leaning toward a tooth bucket from Markham Welding but their bucket weighs in at about 430 lbs. I don't think this would be too heavy for this loader with a heaping bucket of dirt but just want to make sure. I'd guess the smooth bucket I have now weighs in at about half that. Any info appreciated.

jk

/ How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33 #2  
   / How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33 #3  
jk96 said:
I'm looking to buy a 60" tooth bucket for my DX33. I've got an LX114 loader with quick attach. I'm leaning toward a tooth bucket from Markham Welding but their bucket weighs in at about 430 lbs. I don't think this would be too heavy for this loader with a heaping bucket of dirt but just want to make sure. I'd guess the smooth bucket I have now weighs in at about half that. Any info appreciated.

jk

I don't think that the 430 lb bucket will be that much heavier than your standard bucket with both a toothbar and a cutter bar. Those weigh about 75 lb each, so add 150 lb to your 230 lb bucket and you are at 380 lb. The 430 is not that much more.

I do agree with Jay though. I would not buy a new bucket if I could buy a toothbar and cutter bar for my current bucket. However, if you bought the standard duty bucket instead of the heavy duty one, you can't add the cutter bar, but you could add a toothbar, even if you have to drill the holes in the side of the bucket to mount the toothbar.

I have two buckets, but that's because they are different sizes and I use them for different projects. A plain NH quick-attach bucket is over $600. How much is the Markham bucket with toothbar?

/ How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33
Jr and Jinman - thanks for the responses.

Jinman, I origionally planned on just buying a toothbar for my original bucket until I got a quote on a toothbuket from Markhem.

60" toothbar - $231.00
60" toothbucket (skidsteer universal) - $485.00

I thought this was a really good price on the bucket and just figured for a little extra money I can quickly switch between the two buckets and not have to bolt or un-bolt the toothbar. I don't remember what shipping was but it wasn't too bad. Thanks again.

jk

/ How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33 #5  
jk96 said:
Jr and Jinman - thanks for the responses.

Jinman, I origionally planned on just buying a toothbar for my original bucket until I got a quote on a toothbuket from Markhem.

60" toothbar - $231.00
60" toothbucket (skidsteer universal) - $485.00

I thought this was a really good price on the bucket and just figured for a little extra money I can quickly switch between the two buckets and not have to bolt or un-bolt the toothbar. I don't remember what shipping was but it wasn't too bad. Thanks again.

jk

That's what I do. I have one bucket with a toothbar and one with a smooth edge and cutterbar. Also I have one large (72") and one small (60") bucket.

/ How Heavy is too heavy for a tooth bucket and DX33 #6  
I got a 68" bucket with my TC33DA. I put on a Markham toothbar and have been a digging fool with it on my farm. I have taken out small trees with it. I primarily have used it for shaving down fence row areas between fields. Very quickly comes off for times I need a smooth edge.