Boomer - Trans. noise ?

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #1  

marty

Bronze Member
Tractor
Boomer 33D
NH certainly has made an awsome tractor with the Boomer and all the ergonomics features is what sold me on the NH Boomer. One question I have for other Boomer owners is:

My TC33D (less than 20 Hrs) has a small rattle noise from the transmission when it is at operating tempature and at the lowest idle. The small rattle noise goes away when you engage the clutch or increase the RPM's by 400. This rattle noise is not there when the engine is cool and whether it is in gear does not make a difference.

My dealers is going to stop and listen to it when there in the area and felt is probably was not a problem. They mentioned that other tractors do this since the gears do not mesh tegether because they are built to be under strain. I have noticed this on other farm tractors that had lots of hours on and just have not spent alot of time on new stuff.

Others with the Boomer tractors, do you notice this rattle when the tractor is at operating tempature and at low idle? If in doubt, when you try it and listen - push in the clutch and see if you notice a difference.

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #2  
I think that mine does the same thing. I was going to have my dealer look at it when they do the 50 hr service.

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #3  
Marty,

I own the "Baby" Boomer, the TC18, and I haven't noticed any noises except for the brute force from the mighty 18.5 hp engine! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Let us know what you find out from your dealer.

JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #4  
Typically, that sounds like the clutch fork rattling against the throw out bearing. You can normally tell by just pressing enough to remeove the free play in the clutch and it will stop. Doesn't hurt anything and probably can't be stopped. Just inherrent in the way the fork holds the bearing.

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #5  
Mine does it.

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #6  
Hi Marty Paul here i had a ford 1520 hydro that did the same thing sense it was new. the dealer said it was the transmission turning.

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #7  
Hi Marty, I'm glad to hear that others are experiencing the noise as well. I noticed it in mine almost imediately. The dealer said not to worry as its just a noise all tractors make and it has never been a problem. Still I don't like it, but I have learned to listen over it. I find myself listening for any noise that is odd or different. I drove a neighbors Kubota, a L3010 I think it was and it does not make this noise, in fact the motor is a little quieter too so the noise would have been even more apparent. I still like the NH tractor, I just wish it didn't make this noise. It makes me feel like the fit and finish is a little rough on the New Holland.

/ Boomer - Trans. noise ? #8  
Yeah, don't laugh too hard, but I cut the vertical exhaust off and put a flapper on it. It is the loudest noise on the tractor as it rattles all the time. The tractor is very quite, otherwise. Don't always help to improve on things. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif