3-Point Hitch 2910 NH with Arps 728 3pt backhoe

/ 2910 NH with Arps 728 3pt backhoe #1  

okgat

Hi,

My 2910 has a spool with 3 valves. The valves have quarter inch inlet/outlets.

The old Arps backhoe that I just bought has half-inch inlet/outlet. To accommodate the difference between the tractor and backhoe attachment, I installed a T that would allow me to either connect with 1/4" or 1/2" quick connects. (I don't know if this is a good idea, but unless I opted to buy a new spool with 1/2" openings this was my only option.)

This was my first day to try the backhoe with my tractor. I hooked up the two hoses from the backhoe to the tractor and tried the legs, which worked.

However, I was not able to hook up the backhoe bar (of 3pt) because the bar could not be lined up with the pin holes at the back of the tractor. The bar has too much of a curve in it to bypass a metal brace on a lower portion of the pin hole bracket.

This metal brace pushed the bar away from the pin hole connections by about a half inch.

Questions:

Dig Question:

1) Do you think I will have problems attempting to dig with 1/4" - 1/2" configuration. If so, what would be your recommendation?

1a) Should I instead buy a 3 valve spool with half-inch inlets/outlets?
Note: All of my other attachments used 1/4" connections.

2) Other than using a gas welder to heat up and take some of the curve out of the backhoe bar, does anyone have any other suggestions. (See photgraph of the bar in the center of the photograph.)

3) When I go to hook up the backhoe, the backhoe seat is jammed up against the back of the tractor seat. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Rick G.:p

Attachments

• 100_3126a.JPG
    100_3126a.JPG
    587.5 KB · Views: 463
   / 2910 NH with Arps 728 3pt backhoe #2  
can you take the bracket on the tractor end off and flip it,turn it around, or flip and turn it? I will have to check my 2910 and see. As for the spool valves can you take a pic of what you have? I think your best bet would be to give them to another 2910 owner(Me perhaps) and buy new ones:D :D I honestly dont have an answer to the plumbing issues but I know who will ask Madreferee he has given great hyd advise in the past.

/ 2910 NH with Arps 728 3pt backhoe
Thank you for your input, it is much appreciated. I have taken the mid bar to a welder to have the curve reset so that I have a better chance of connecting up with the tractor. Again, thank you.

/ 2910 NH with Arps 728 3pt backhoe #4  
What is the diameter of the hoses you are using? 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" ? Probably 3/8".

No valve that I know of has 1/4" threaded ports. There is usually an adapter plug in there that reduces the port to the smaller size. Just change the adapter to fit say a 1/2" QD. Put adapters in all your 1/4" hoses to go from 1/4" to 1/2". Now you have 1 QD that takes both size hoses.

I regularly have 3/8" and 1/2" QD's that connect to 1/4" hoses. The hose end just has the correct adapter to the QD.

It's all in the adapters.

/ 2910 NH with Arps 728 3pt backhoe
Thanks for the adapter information. Looks like I have some work ahead of me today. Have a nice day.

Rick G.