RABBIT/TURTLE

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I am thinking of getting WR Long diverter valve kit for grapple control. If I understand the many prior grapple/3rd function threads correctly, I'll lose the R/T speed controls on the stick if I go with their system?? Tractor is 2002 TC40DA. Since I haven't yet taken delivery of the tractor yet, I don't know how useful the R/T control is??

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #2  
I have a TC45DA with the same Turtle/Rabbit controls on the joystick as well. They are very handy. The TC40DA will have either range I or II for the hydro. The turtle and rabbit speed work within each range. You should still be able to access those ranges if you use the WR long valve because on the right fender is a turtle/rabbit switch. You'll just loose it on the joystick which I find handy. Don't have to take eyes off of whatever your doing with them on the joystick. To find that switch on the fender, I have to look for it.

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #3  
If I didn't have my R/T switch on my joystick, I would not be nearly as happy with my tractor. It is the very most useful feature I have in my opinion. I would figure out a way to modify that joystick without giving up the R/T switch, or I'd just forget the 3rd function/diverter altogether.

/ RABBIT/TURTLE
I think I read on a recent post that WR Long has a replacement stick that allows both R/T and 3rd function control. That would be the best of both, IMHO.

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #6  
I put on a 4-in-1 bucket last year and the W.R. Long joystick is a real JOY. As flINTLOCK mentioned, it has both the R/T switch and bucket open/close switches on the stick. The switches are both center-position spring-loaded and very handy to operate. The Joystick modification is really beefy.

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #7  
Do you have a straight section on the stick you could attach a switch like this and just leave the R/T.

3359assembly4.jpg

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #8  
There has been a fair amount of traffic along this topic lately.

Regarding the electric open/close switch for the grapple -- is that an all or none proposition, or can you position the grapple partway between? With the manual hydraulic control I have, the grapple stops where it is when I let go of the lever, which is sometimes a handy thing to have.

/ RABBIT/TURTLE #9  
My dealer was able to mount a switch in the joystick and maintain the rabbit/turtle switch as well on my TC 40DA. I agree that having the R/T switch on the joystick is very handy. Good luck, you will love the 4in1.

Matt