Mowing How to get hydraulic oil out of mower lines?

/ How to get hydraulic oil out of mower lines? #1  

Roto

Gold Member
Tractor
TC55DA and TC33D
Im about to change the hydraulic oil on my tractor and i want to get the oil out of my mower conditioner lines the best i can. In other words, the oil in the lines and cylinder is old and 15/40 and i may as well try to get some fresh stuff in there before i change oil on tractor. It hooks up with rear remotes so do i just lift it up and down a few times? the oil will only move so far because the cylinder bottoms out but will it mix in with tractor oil if i run it up and down a few times? The reason im doing this is my tractor i used to pull the MOCO with had 15/40 oil in hydraulic and i am now going to be using brand new TC55d and i dont want that oil mixing with new tractor oil. Whats the best way?

Mike

/ How to get hydraulic oil out of mower lines? #2  
Remove the hoses from the cylinders, then cycle them manually to get the bulk of the old fluid out of the cylinders.

/ How to get hydraulic oil out of mower lines?
unscrew hoses from my one cylinder in this case and manually push the cylinder back and forth? What about the lines? will they drain out if quick connect on the end? i can hook them to remote and give it a blast in both directions should blow everything out. i will have to shoot in safe direction.

Mike

/ How to get hydraulic oil out of mower lines? #4  
unscrew hoses from my one cylinder in this case and manually push the cylinder back and forth?
Yes.

What about the lines? will they drain out if quick connect on the end?
You will have to take the QC off, or push in the ball/poppet. oil can't flow out if air can't get in.

i can hook them to remote and give it a blast in both directions should blow everything out. i will have to shoot in safe direction.
That will work, but at +/- 2500 or so PSI that's kind of dangerous for my taste:eek:

/ How to get hydraulic oil out of mower lines? #5  
With the end of the qd off.. so it is just a hose.. thre won't be 2500 psi.. there will be 'flow' and very low psi.. PSI builds whent he oil has no place to go. Still.. I wouldn't be 'blowing this oil in a safe direction'.. unless that was a bucket.. don't want to be an eco-terrorist and polute if we can help it.

Soundguy