BH stabilizer pads

/ BH stabilizer pads #21  
CJ4, If your pads haven't been modified you'll notice that the inside of them forms a U. That allows them to just be flipped to use either side without pulling the pin. The normal street pads bolt on and still leave the U open. As you can see I don't have the street pads either, but I do use the flat side on concrete and the pointed side on the dirt. Installing large pads would probably block off the open space of the U and then you would have to pull the pin to flip them.

Looking at Greg's photo, it appears his 758C BH pads are designed similar to our 90-X.

BH90-X.jpg

Also, I have the 18" bucket which works great for most of my needs. I'd love to have a narrower one for trenching, a 12" might work for me. One of my neighbors has a 9" but we have so many rocks that they constantly get stuck inside his bucket and you waste so much time trying to pop them out.

Last edited:
   / BH stabilizer pads #22  
Your NH dealer can get the Bigfoot pads as they are a NH option for the backhoe. Has them right in the book as an option. Any tractor dealer that sells backhoes can get them im sure.

Mike

/ BH stabilizer pads #24  
Thanks Maddogdriver....i'll have to take note of that......my pads have not been modified, i guess i just never noticed that they could flip. I have the 12" bucket an love it and we have lots of rock as well but i've never had any hang up in it at all. Wish we were neighbors we could share buckets!!!! Looks like you haven't even used your hoe yet....still have plastic on the seat??? I left mine on for a long time too, just wanted the new not to wear off i guess....lol

/ BH stabilizer pads #25  
No problem CJ4. It may appear that I know what I'm talking about (sort of :rolleyes: heh heh) , but our dealer actually pointed out flipping the pads to us when delivered. Not sure I would've noticed it either (sheesh giving up all my secrets now).:p The owner's manual doesn't mention it either.

I haven't used the BH as much as I'd like, but it's been broken in. Just can't leave it dirty yet. ;) I likewise decided to just let the plastic wear off rather than rip it off.

I think a 12" bucket should be fine unless you have some really BIG rocks and even then I doubt you'd get it stuck in the bucket unless you hit it just right.

Roger that on neighbors. We live out in the country where 3 cars on the road is a traffic jam, but it's amazing how having ol' BLUE out gathers visitors. I've had several "neighbors" who live within about 10 miles happen to stop by while I was "playing" and compare notes about their tractors (some of which aren't even blue). Of course the questions always includes "what attachments did you get?" and offers of swapping. So yeah it'd be great to swap buckets. I think the only time I'd want to give up my 18" is for trenching with a 12". That 90-X is powerful and I've had no problems with the 18" and I DO LOVE THAT THUMB :D :D