BH stabilizer pads

/ BH stabilizer pads #1  

gregkabob

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC45DA
Which way do most of you have your pads when working indirt? When delivered the pads are set so the flat side is up (pointy side down) when they are set. The NH guy said that is so they bite into the dirt. I looked at the NH sales brousure and all the pics of the BH working in dirt show it with the flat side down. NH guy said to use flat side down if you were on concrete. Here as pic of my BH and you can see the pads and how they will engage the dirt when down.

Thanks all,

IMG_5561.jpg

/ BH stabilizer pads #2  
Greg, I have mine set just like yours. Works great for me in the dirt/sand. Enjoy that BH!

/ BH stabilizer pads
Thanks guys, I'm surprised in their sales liturature pictures all of them are set the other way but I'll leave them they way they are since real world users say it's the way to go. I've seen many advert pictures were items are used wrong, one that stands out is advertising for a bicycle and the person on the bicycle had their helmet on bacwards. I guess the model or the folks taking the pics weren't bike riders.....again, thanks

/ BH stabilizer pads #5  
I could not tell in pic, but does the flat side have rubber pads? My woods BH looks the same but the flat side has rubber on them for work on concrete or hard surfaces. I removed pins on stabilizers and just flip them which way I need them.

/ BH stabilizer pads
Dqdave1, No, there's no rubber pads on mine. The dealer pointed out that I could add them if I wanted. It would be nice if they came that way and I dont' think I have a need to spend the $$ to add them yet.

Here's a picture from the NH site that shows them working on dirt and notice the pads. Thats the reason I asked the question.

TC55DA_033_07_w.jpg

/ BH stabilizer pads #7  
I have the woods 7500 BH and use it alot. I use them both ways. If you take a big bite with bucket; you will drag the machine regardless of the stabilizer position. Weight problem.

/ BH stabilizer pads #8  
On my 757, there is a 1/2 inch pin through the stabilizer arm that prevents the pad from spinning all the way around. What I did was bolt on two 2x2x1/4angle iron by 8 1/2 inches long with two gussets welded in for strength on each pad. I drilled the 3 holes in the angle iron to match up with the holes in the pad. They are mounted so they dig in when digging to help from dragging the machine.

/ BH stabilizer pads #9  
What you made is an option that can be purchased from CNH. I am sure your way is cheaper. I removed the pin so they can rotate completely; but I have rubber on one side and in my use; I am on hard surface quite a bit.

/ BH stabilizer pads #10  
Greg, I have a 758C BH on a NH 1920 and primarily use the pads as you have them. If I am on finished lawn (usually digging for the engineer for Title 5 septic inspections) I will use the flat side down to try to limit damage. I have also used pads (18x18 3/4 plywood doubled). I recently saw the Bigfoot pads on a Kioti (Rhino makes the backhoes for both NH and Kioti) and will probably purchase a set. Bill C