just bought stump grapple and pallet forks!

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks! #1  

Skerby

Silver Member
Tractor
TC40DA
hi all, just bought the pallet fork and stump grapple from DL Equiptment off ebay, looks like nice stuff and priced right.. anyone purchase any of their products? i'll certainly report how it looks when i get it over then next few weeks..! cheers -tim

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks! #2  
Tim,

We like pictures. It just makes it easier:D :D Congratulations on your purchase.

murph

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks!
sorry no photos yet, but the pallet forks are very nice/beefy and priced very very well. the stump grapple i haven't used yet -- i have no setup for the hydraulics yet :( looking at either a rear remote or the joystick setup.. both are in the 600 dollar range i think...

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks! #4  
Sounds like two very useful purchases to me. Like most things, there's always that hidden extra cost (the remote). However, you'll find other uses for it once you get it installed.

Like Murph, I'm looking forward to pictures Tim.

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks! #5  
What's the going price on them?

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks! #6  
Low end Grapple price $1,400.00, new ,high end $3,000.00 - new

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks! #7  
You can add a grapple to your bucket for a lot less than that. It makes the bucket a whole lot handier, I'd say about 3 times. Of course, I move manure, logs, and brush a lot, but not much dirt or other typical loose material.

/ just bought stump grapple and pallet forks!
i 'finally' attached the stump grapple and moved some dead trees in my woods.. i need to learn a good techinque for removing stumps.. i had really good luck w/ my back hoe for that, but you have to keep positioning that so it's not really fast.. when i bought my tractor from corriher implement they attached the back hoe to the power beyond, no i had to tap into that to get the hydraulics up front and mounted on the loader's center brace, my first weld job too, looks like the worst well in the world!!!! but seems to hold fine.. anywho... the grapple opens/closes pretty fast so i'm happy about that with my tc40da's hydraulic flow.. even at idle it's fast, the back hoe needs to be up about 540 rpm on the pto (whatever that is in engine rpm) to move reasonable, like detecha says i think the hydraulic thumb/grapple is the way to go cost wise, but i didn't have a tooth bar on my bucket so that's more cost for me too, although not much.. cheers!