SLOWING DROP RATE

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #1  

flINTLOCK

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC40DA 2002
I know that I have an adjustment knob below seat on TC40DA to slow drop rate of hydraulics. How useful is this adjustment??

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #2  
No matter the weight of the implement on the back, you can make it drop like a rock or drop so slow that you can hardly tell it is moving.

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #3  
As JG says. this valve controlls how fast oil can exhaust/escape from the 3pt lift cyl.

Soundguy

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #4  
JerryG said:
No matter the weight of the implement on the back, you can make it drop like a rock or drop so slow that you can hardly tell it is moving.

i dont know about that.... when ive got my MMM on (which hangs off the 3pt) with my rear blade its **** near impossible to get the valve tight enough to get a controled decent on the rear blade. If you do get to almost stop, even the smallest fraction of a turn will result in a very large increase in drop speed.

with out the MMM and a light impliment, the control is very precise.

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #5  
schmism said:
i dont know about that.... when ive got my MMM on (which hangs off the 3pt) with my rear blade its **** near impossible to get the valve tight enough to get a controled decent on the rear blade. If you do get to almost stop, even the smallest fraction of a turn will result in a very large increase in drop speed.

with out the MMM and a light impliment, the control is very precise.
The difference could be caused by a couple of different things. One could be that the parts are just not broken in to where they mate well enough yet. I wouldn’t think that they would need to be broke in, but they may need to be. The other reason could be a difference in precision between different manufactures for that specific valve. I know that the last two compact tractors that I have owned can be adjusted to a very light implement or to a very heavy implement for a fast speed or for a very slow speed. I have one implement that weights less than one hundred pounds and I can make it go down so slow that you can hardly tell that it is moving.
Some how I missed that you had both implements on the tractor. Maybe it is because of the leverage from that amount of weight.

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #6  
On my TC29D I have played with that valve and it just doen'st seem like it does anything with the speed of my hydrualics. There is drag on it so I am assuming it is turning something but I just don't see any difference. It may be changing.

murph

/ SLOWING DROP RATE #7  
The valve does not affect the hitch raise rate; only the drop rate. They are shipped from the factory fully open. It may take what seems like forever to get to fully closed which should prevent the hitch from dropping with any load short of opening the safety valve. From the fully closed position it only takes maybe 2 or 3 full turns to get the maximum drop rate. A heavy implement such as a rotary cutter will cause the drop rate valve to be very sensitive, maybe 1/4 turn will have a huge impact on drop rate once you get the needle valve close to its range of effectiveness.