Ford 2910 clutch issues.

/ Ford 2910 clutch issues. #1  

firemanpat2910

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 2910II
Sorry Im being lazy here, I dont have my owners manual here and dont know if it would help me or not. My 2910 clutch pedal engages after about a 1/2" or 1" from the "floor" I see how to adjust the turn buckle but it is screwed in all the way. If you try and screw it any more you cant put the bolt back in. The tractor works ok but when pushing in the clutch,and changing gears it feels like the plates are not seperating enough. Anybody have some quick things to check? I am not opposed to shortening the link between the pedal and the turn buckle if it will give me time before having to do major repairs on a "toy" that I realy cant justify the money for.

/ Ford 2910 clutch issues. #2  
don't know about the 2910, but the owner manual and the i&t shop manaul for the 3910 states the free play of the clutch should be 1.1 - 1.6 inch (28-41mm). the shop manual then goes into how to split the tractor to replace the clutch. have you change the tran oil?? this might help along with the correct free play. go to the yanmar section and read how they tell to un stick a clutch. or it might be on one of the yanmar boards and/or sights. hope this helps.

/ Ford 2910 clutch issues. #3  
Normally when the adjustment is out, the clutch slipping is close behind. It is time to change the clutch.

/ Ford 2910 clutch issues. #4  
Have to agree with Jerry, sounds like a mortally wounded disc, alas.
Jim

/ Ford 2910 clutch issues.
Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for letting me down gently:) Hopefully I can make it through the summer and fall with it and rebuild in the winter.