TT60A / Tiller

/ TT60A / Tiller #1  

SEEDSNTREES

Hello, is my new TT60A to fast for a 5FT Tiller?

Thanks,

/ TT60A / Tiller #2  
SEEDSNTREES:

Welcome to TBN :D!. I do not know if you would be too fast (especially if you have HST), but your 47 PTO HP may make you too powerful for some 60" tillers. My question to you- is your tire width greater than 60"? I would suggest that your tiller width be greater than your tire width, but if I read your "label" correctly you plant a lot of trees and this does ot require a "perfect" planting surface. Jay

/ TT60A / Tiller #3  
I do not think it is too fast. I think it could be a tad bit slower but it will get the job done. You might have to make too passes though if it doesn't chop it up good enough the first time.

The TT is not available with a hydro, only a gear tranny. I used a Befco 66" tiller behind my TN but had to offset it to cover the right tire track. It worked fine that way but the TN had an 8x8 tranny and while it did work I just wanted something a tad slower so we added the 1920 and it took over the tiller duty.

/ TT60A / Tiller
Thank you for a prompt reply.

I have a 5-ft seeder and was hoping that a 5-ft tiller would be a good match to prepare food plots for wildlife. I don't really care about the tire width since I'm sure the Deer would not be too concerned.

Perhaps the reverse tine tiller that Land Pride manufactures would be a good selection.

Thanks,