Heading Home

/ Heading Home #1  

southern83fire

I thought the days gone by of driving the fields on my family's John Deere 950 and mowing the smaller areas with the John Deere GT235 were gone for good. I would sit on the deck of my house in the suburbs looking right into my neighbor's backyard reminiscing of those days I spent growing up on our horse farm in Virginia. The smell of fresh cut grass in the pastures would linger in my nose as I sat there determined to get a place of my own just like it. Some day...
Well that day is soon upon me as I pack my bags and boxes and head back to the place I know and love... the Country life is calling me and I'm gonna answer.

So anyway Hi there ya'll. I found this site awhile back and I finally joined up so thought I would stop in and say hi. A little bit about me, I grew up in Northern Virginia in Fairfax County when it was changing from a mostly rural county to a major suburb of Washington DC. I watched with great great sadness as the fields and pastures around my family's relatively large 50 acre homestead were turned into large single family tracts. And with it came the traffic and too late to do any good road and utility improvement projects. Eventually for personal reasons my family sold the property and I moved even further into the urban sprawl with the vision of one day returning to the country. And I'm now in a position where I can do just that, in fact I should be closing on a house in the next few weeks.

I love green and yellow iron, sorry folks but I'm a John Deere fanatic and will be till the day I die. I also enjoy the bobcat brand and I have driven the Kubota brand before, but nothing runs like a deere :) So any questions feel free to ask. And thank you in advance for helping me with any questions I have, and believe me I have a lot of them, after all I have been out of the tractor game for awhile now. But I'll get to them later, in the mean time I have a new tractor to go spec out.

/ Heading Home #2  
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the up coming move. Nothing better than getting back to the country.

MarkV

/ Heading Home #3  
Yes indeed, Davis,...a warm WELCOME ABOARD to you Sir!! I must say I'm very happy for you and your present state of affairs. Sounds to me like you are finally realizing a life long dream.

Many pleasant thoughts, plans and dreams to entertain your mind as you drift off to sleep at night planning your life ahead and all the things you've waited so long to get at.

My very best wishes to you as you venture along this fresh trail ahead!!! Please keep us all posted as things progress and as you have gathered by now,...we are a "picture-loving-bunch",......so we'll expect a few as you go along.

CHEERS !
. . tug

/ Heading Home #4  
Like the old saying goes about trying to take country out of the boy...can't be done for it's in the blood. ;)

Welcome to TBN,kick back enjoy and do share w/us...best towards your plans of homesteading. :)