Hello from Washington state

/ Hello from Washington state #1  

WhiteFox

Tractor
1953 Ford Golden Jubliee NAA
I aquired a 1953 Foord Golden Julilee NAA tractor about 12 years ago from a family friend. It had been our intention to be living out of town by now, but that just didn't happen. We live in a small town 635 people, I have 2.5 building lots, so I have a fair sized back year, and two driveways to keep clear. I will also help others keep their drives cleas when I can.

The tractor sat in the back yard for nearly 12 years, until I recently decided I better see if I could get it running,, Clean gas, and a new condenser and it was running pretty good. The hour meter leads 2750 so its got a lot of wear on it, but runs well. has a bit of blow by, but thn it is a 56 year old engine after all.

I am expecting a terrible winter this year so with the tractor (has a 5' blade attached via the 3 point hitch, and a new snow thrower, I hope to be able to keep up with the snow. I would be very pleased if I am wrong about the coming winter, but I have not missed in 12 years....

/ Hello from Washington state #2  
Welcome aboard... you'll find lots of good information and people willing to help here at TBN...

I sure hope this winter in WA isn't a repeat of a couple of years ago... 30 days of rain and then hurricane strength winds to make a mess of things... had lots of wind damage at my place... doesn't snow much and when it does it's generally gone the next day...