Happy JD4300 Owner

/ Happy JD4300 Owner #1  

tbradford

Tractor
JD 4300
While surfing the net I came across this site and thought it looked like a good one to join. I look forward to using the site for information, and also to help others when I can with my past experiences. I have owned a 2000 JD4300 with 420 front loader, and 48 backhoe since 2003 and have been very pleased with it. I use it for lots of odd jobs, it is kind of like the ultimate man toy! Kind of fun to dig ditches, pull stumps, plow, mow, and drag logs. My wife can't believe the never ending list of things that I end up using the tractor for. :thumbsup:

/ Happy JD4300 Owner #2  
Welcome! Keep suprising her so she won't mind so much when you buy parts, fuel, material to build new implements with, etc....:thumbsup: Post pics when you can!

/ Happy JD4300 Owner #3  
Welcome to the forum....from another happy Deere 4300 owner.

/ Happy JD4300 Owner #5  
Hello and Welcome!
:drink:

/ Happy JD4300 Owner #6  
Welcome. Wishing I had a 47 backhoe here.... :)

/ Happy JD4300 Owner
jayste, actually I already built a toy to go with the 4300. I had shopped all over to find either a stand alone wood splitter, or a 3 pt hitch model. I ended up buying an old used splitter and used the ram, tank, I-beam, and axle from it. I cut it all up and built my own. Now, it is a two wheeled splitter with a honda engine that can be towed and used behind my ATV, or my favorite way to use it is to hook it behind my tractor. I unplug the hoses from the manifold on the splitter and hook them to the tractor. It runs great, even with the tractor just off idle. I even split 24" hickory and she never even grunts. I haven't purchased the 2 stage pump for the honda yet, so the project isn't complete, but almost. I guess I like using it hooked up to the tractor so much the pump for the honda has ended up on the back burner.

/ Happy JD4300 Owner #8  
We like pics...:D