Default Hello to the group I just got my first tractor

Well I went out and paid a deposit on a Farmall today. I have a few questions of course. What type of tractor is this with two PTO shafts in the rear one for running a small bushog and the other was said to running a belt drive to operate other belt driven equipment. I got the numbers on the lower right hand of the engine which were 8638 DA and the left side not owning it yet I did not start scrapping gunk off of it. I was shown it has all of the attachments for the small plows under the tractor and a set of disc harrows and a small bush hog maybe 3 foot wide. I drove the tractor and it had plenty of power all gears worked but the clutch needs adjustment I think (Hope). I can tell you it had a left and right brake pedal and the magneto was still on it and worked also. I did remeber it has spoked type wheels on the front not solid like the rear rims were. The whell weights were also on the rear. Overall I bought it to plow my small gadren and the bushog was a plus as the local guys are killing me on the price of bushogging. Any ideas on if any information helped narrow it down.

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

Default Re: Hello to the group I just got my first tractor

Welcome to TBN and it will help a lot to provide pics and some more details of the tractors. Lots of good help to be had here and make yourself at home.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

The Picture is dark but here are the ones I thought might help I will take some this weekend when I pick it up Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscn1515-jpg   -dscn1513-jpg   -dscn1511-jpg  

Tractor
    not yet

Hi,

It's a Farmall A.. built from around 1939 to about 1952.

Probably want to poke around Yesterday's Tractor website Yesterday's Tractors :: Index and the Farmall forum in particular.

Don't know about bush hogging with one... haven't ever seen a bush hog mounted to an A (and I see manual lift rather than hydraulics so I wouldn't recommend it). Probably a better idea to use a belly mower and cut often enough to not need the "bush hog" effect of cutting oversized stuff.

Will plow gardens sell..

Randy

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

I do not know much about the classic farmalls but they have a big following and they were well built machines. That machines looks like it has potential.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Thanks for the information. I had not know many people who used these little tractor other than people with large gardens. I have about a 3 acre garden so for me I think I will use it for manily that purpose. I wish I had taken a picture of the bush hog but I checked it out nothing rusted gears worked and the whells were moved from the side to both being in the rear of the deck. The guy who had it before the present owner was a tree farmer and used the bush hog to cut between the trees. Thanks for the warning on the bush hog. I am going to try it after I clean it up and change out the u joint that had play in it. Adios

Tractor
    JD 2320

Is that horse trying to get in your truck? Nice tractor!
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, FEL Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife

Hey funny story sort of the guy I bought it from had the horses brought from out west to the deep south many years ago. He rides the horses in those renactments of civil war stuff very cool horse. As we were leaving the horse just stood in the way until he got his treat and wandered off. I am not a horse man myself but the horse was cool. I stick with animals I can eat like goats chicken pigs and cows. I have heard horse meat is good but have not got that hungry. Adios thanks for the tractor comment this is a long journey for me. I have already scored an attachment for the Farmall I got the buzz saw attachemnt that is driven by the PTO. Now if I can find a small hammer mill close to me in South Carolina I am set.

Tractor
    John Deere 2240 MFWD

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Is that horse trying to get in your truck? Nice tractor!
    Good eye. I had to go back and look again to see it...I was too busy drooling all over the tractor the first time.
    Cyril

JD 2240 MFWD (with duels now)
    145 FEL, 8ft Rear blade (now I need a 12ft blade)

Tractor
    John Deere 2240 MFWD

Nice looking tractor. Keep us informed on how it works out for you. Lots o' pix too please.
    Cyril

JD 2240 MFWD (with duels now)
    145 FEL, 8ft Rear blade (now I need a 12ft blade)