Tractor split in half! - Yes!.. you did read that right!!

/ Tractor split in half! - Yes!.. you did read that right!! #1  

RJ1

Hi everyone,

I am just scouring the net and trying to find out if anyone else has heard of this happening.

I bought a brand new tractor package for our small property, 28hp with a 4 in1 FEL and a backhoe. I thought it would be an ideal machine to have around but about 6 hrs after I attached the backhoe the gearbox snapped in half. I was using the FEL at the time. The company I bought it from have refused to fix it as they say it was 'Misused' and I overloaded the FEL.

I have later found out through a little research that there should be bracing from the FEL attachment point to the rear axle. This is not apparent on my machine. Even the diagrams in the booklet for the FEL that came with it indicates it should have bracing for strength.

Fair Trading unfortunately cannot help me so it looks like I might have to sue them.

Any ideas anyone?? Help!!

RJ1

/ Tractor split in half! - Yes!.. you did read that right!! #2  
RJ1
Welcome to the forum.
Bummer to have that happen. :(
Care to post some pics (in an appropriate forum selection pertaining to your tractor), of the break-down?

/ Tractor split in half! - Yes!.. you did read that right!! #3  
OUCH !

If you think it was due to improper or inadequate dealer set up, INCLUDING the omission of needed parts - then YES, you have recourse.

If you post it in a brand specific forum please post a pointer here - and perhaps in the ballasting thread that argues the virtue of 3-pt ballast in favor of loaded tires (-:

/ Tractor split in half! - Yes!.. you did read that right!! #5  
Nor Trac ?

/ Tractor split in half! - Yes!.. you did read that right!! #6  
Ok, I'm interested in the outcome.
snack.gif