First time tractor owner

/ First time tractor owner #1  

repeters1

Hi everyone,
I have a thing for the older vehicles. My tractor is a 1955 Ford model 850 with a Pippin 116 backhoe and a Ford 19-97 front loader.
I also own a 1931 Model A Tudor that I have been building for the last 8 or so years.
I bought the tractor to open up my yard. I have over an acre & a half of land but 2/3rds of it goes uphill behind the house. After almost 30 years living here I finally got my backhoe and can start doin' some diggin'.
The tractor runs really well and the front loader does a great job. The backhoe is a little weak but I just noticed that the fluid seems to get foamy after a while. Called the gentleman I bought it from and he said he hadn't changed the oil in over 5 years. Didn't use it everyday but I think after 5 years there might be a little moisture in it. Also has some leakage around the 4 control levers. May do a rebuild of the control box over the winter if I can get parts for it.
Anyway, that's my story.
ford8505210a.jpg

ford8504291020.jpg

/ First time tractor owner #2  
Welcome.

That looks like an solid machine. That five speed is the closest thing to a shuttle transmission that I have ever seen in a old stock farm tractor.