Newbie and need advice

/ Newbie and need advice #1  

KimK

Howdy,

I am new to this site. I am looking to buy a small tractor for 2 acres and am a single mom, so would like a tractor that is easy to handle but can handle my height which is 5 foot 11. So help me out please!

Also, if you know of anyone wanting to build a wooden lean to 12 x 12 for my horses let me know :)

Thanks- Montgomery Co. Texas
Kim

/ Newbie and need advice #2  
Are you wanting a tractor which plowes and tills and brush hogs weeds and brush,,or do you mean a riding lawnmower?
If you meant what you said,a tractor,than what is your budget?They all fit 5 ft 11 inches people:D,,,what are you planning on doing with it?

/ Newbie and need advice #4  
Without knowing exactally how you plan on using the tractor, it is hard for us to recomend one for you.

I'll just assume that you are looking at a sub-compact size size tractor with a mid mount mower and a loader.

You need to break out a phone-book or do a search and see what tractor dealers are in your area. They all make great sub-compact machines that are very similar in performance and price. But different in the features and lay-out of the controls. You need to make a trip to some of the dealers in the area and get a feel for the tractors they have to offer. When you get it narrowed down to a few models/brands, let us know and we can give you a little more advise.

Kubota B and BX series, John deere 20 series, kioti CK series, etc. these are just some of the brands and their sub-compact line. If buying new, expect to pay between 10-15k for a small tractor with mower and loader.

Good luck with the search.

/ Newbie and need advice #5  
It depends on your tasks at hand. If it is for yard work and small tractor chores, get a SCUT (sub compact utility tractor) If you plan on a lot of excavation, brush hogging, tilling, grading, look at a CUT (compact utility tractor). Bellow is a picture of each. The SCUT has a smaller frame, tranny, tires, etc. while the CUT has the larger frame, larger tires, and more operating capacity for a FEL (front end loader).

Attachments

• boomer-sub-compact-tractor-1025-00.jpg
    boomer-sub-compact-tractor-1025-00.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 73
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 54
   / Newbie and need advice #6  
Musta scared her away,,that always happens to me:D