First time buyer

/ First time buyer #1  

bjrseno

Hello All
I am new to this site because I am in the process of buying my first tractor. I would like to get as much input as I can before purchasing. We currently live on 20 acres in South Louisiana. Most of it is used for hay, which is cut by a family member. I am currently cutting about 7 or 8 acres with a ztr. I would like to put my son in law who lives on the property cutting also. My thinking is that because we do not have a tractor is to purchase a compact 30 hp with a 6 foot finishing mower to cut the pasture areas and fence lines and use the ztr for the yards around the houses. Then we would have a ztr and a tractor for use when we have the need. We also have some areas that occasionaly need bushhogging. Your suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

/ First time buyer #2  
Welcome to TBN. I think your plan sounds very reasonable but I suggest posting in "buying pricing" as there is a lot more activity there. Good luck.

/ First time buyer #3  
Kubota offers nice 30hp B's & L's w/HST..HST makes mowing easier.

/ First time buyer #4  
HST makes bush-hogging easier too. you can back in, cut, pull forward,,,,,without ever shifting. much less tiring. and you can speed up and slow down without shifting or changing throttle when you see an obstacle. I like it as much as the loader