Putting Tractor-San to Work

/ Putting Tractor-San to Work #1  

brandywine

Tractor
kubota bx2200
My husband and I bought a 26-acre farm in Western Pennsylvania a couple years ago. I've been raising a fair number of poultry and a small herd of dairy goats, and will be adding a larger number of sheep after we sort out the rest of the fencing. I also garden and would like to add field crops next year.

I got a used Kubota BX2200 shortly after we moved. 4WD is a necessity on our rough, steep land. I would really like more HP, but stretched the budget as it was. My friend showed me how to change all the fluids and do other routine maintenance.

Last year our post-snowmaggedon attempts to clear the driveway with the Kubota and a back blade were quite comical.

I've been both mowing the lawn and cutting the pastures and the disused hayfield with a belly mower until now. This has NOT been satisfactory. Just bought a Countyline 4' rotary cutter; I'm posting over at attachments about my questions before starting it up and possibly beheading myself. The manual was produced by someone who could neither write nor, apparently, use a brush hog.

Raised By Wolves

/ Putting Tractor-San to Work #2  
Hello brandywine, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)