New and researching

/ New and researching #1  

klgnhahn

Tractor
Kioti DK35SE HST
New and searching for the right tractor for my little tract of land. I have mostly wooded land of less than 10 acres, which I plan on converting to a hobby farm over the next 10 years. I have a need to maintain 1/4 mile of dirt lane (needs minor grading and snow removal), ditches needing grooming, and wood to skid for firewood. Any suggestions on make and HP will be greatly appreciated. My plan is to buy in less than 6 months.

/ New and researching #2  
Hello klgnhahn, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ New and researching #5  
In your case, i'd say 35hp+. So model wise, i'd look into the Deere 3520, 3038e, 3720, 4120, 4005, 4105, 4320, and the 4520. All are very good machines. Attachments, FEL, pallet forks, grapple, backhoe w/thumb, farmi winch, and maybe a disk (to cultivate the land). Once you have established a good cleared area, then look into a tiller and other garden implements. But what is your price range? There are lots of good deals on used machinery out there, you can save some cash on something thats just barly broke in. :thumbsup: And :welcome: to TBN!:thumbsup::thumbsup: