Happy Thanksgiving from NH

/ Happy Thanksgiving from NH #1  

Eyeshooter

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Thrilled to have found this forum. I've managed our 10 acres for the last 8 years using a Kubota BX2230 with tiller, FEL, mower/bagger and snowblower. We just bought 40 ac in a nearby town and I'm looking forward to a new ride! From what I've been reading on this site, I've come to the right place!

I look forward to learning from you and hope to be able to share some of my experiences.

Cheers,

John

/ Happy Thanksgiving from NH #2  
Hello Eyeshooter, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Happy Thanksgiving from NH #3  
:welcome: to TBN! Glad to have you part of the forum! 40 acres is quite a jump up. What tractors have you looked at? Size wise, id say look in the 35-60 hp range with mfwd, FEL, and attachments. What uses will you primarly use it for? What is your price buget? For Kubota's, i'd look at the L and lower M series machines. With Deere, Look at the higher 3000 series through the lower 5000 series.

/ Happy Thanksgiving from NH
Johndeere3720 said:
:welcome: to TBN! Glad to have you part of the forum! 40 acres is quite a jump up. What tractors have you looked at? Size wise, id say look in the 35-60 hp range with mfwd, FEL, and attachments. What uses will you primarly use it for? What is your price buget? For Kubota's, i'd look at the L and lower M series machines. With Deere, Look at the higher 3000 series through the lower 5000 series.

Thanks, gents! Thanks for the welcome. I hope you were all smart and ate less than I did and there's still pie!

The 40 acres is 20 in hay and 20 in woods. This is going to be my "retirement". We're planning on a small fruit orchard, some Christmas trees, large garden, layers and meat chickens, about an 800' driveway, 40+/- bee hives and haying the rest. Hopefully, it will all be organic but we'll see about the fertilizer for the hay...

I've been drooling over a Kubota L5240HSTwith a cab (call me a wimp but I don't want to be 75 and plowing 800' of driveway without one), FEL, tiller, snowblower, hay implements, etc... I'll keep my bx2230 for the house stuff and use the big guy for the rest.