Newbie looking for advice on new tractor

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor #1  

maltese farmer

Tractor
Kubota RTV 900
I am a new member and am looking to upgrade my Kubota RTV 900, for either a Kubota L3240 with cab, or a MF 1635 or bigger. Booth of these units have about the same HP, with the MF being a few thousand more. I am looking for some advice on these two brands. I will be using my tractor for skidding logs, lifting logs, snow removal and eventually digging trenches. I am a little partial to Kubota since I had no problems with my RTV, and Kubota engines are used in a lot of other equipment. What do you all think?

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor #2  
Hello maltese farmer, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor #3  
Both good units, how big are the logs and how many logs are you talking about?
Are you on level gound, get a lot of rain?
What about the dealers? The dealer may be the key to your decision. Sounds like your going to work that tractpr pretty hard so you may be looking for the best warranty and support.

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor
Robert Brown,
Thank you for responding. The logs I usually pull are about 20 to 24 inches accross, and about 20 feet long, mostly oak, very heavy. Booth dealers are near where I live in upstate New York. Booth manufactures have good warranties, the Kubota dealer near my house has a bigger service department, with several mechanics, the MF is family run with the father turning the wrenches.
Any opinions on transmissions? The Kubota has their HST-Plus, MF dealer is recommending gears. Thanks for your advice.

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor #5  
Welcome to TBN!!! I would go for the Kubota, but I may be a little biased...;)

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor
Thanks Kyle, I see why you may be a little biased! You must like orange, I am leaning towards orange anyway and it won't take much to pull the trigger on another Kubota. I take it you don't have any major problems with your Kubotas?

/ Newbie looking for advice on new tractor #7  
Welcome to tbn ... I'm red , but everybody is different , that is why there are different colors .