Farmall H

/ Farmall H #1  

pumpkin rancher

Tractor
farmall H
Hi I am new to this site. My question is that I have a 1942 Farmall H that is refusing to start. I have good fuel flow but no spark at all. I cleaned the points and plugs and checked and cleaned any and all electrical contacts but the tractor will not fire. I have checked everything that I can think of but if anyone can help me in this matter I would really appreciate it. Thank You.....Dave.

/ Farmall H #2  
Hello pumpkin rancher, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Farmall H #3  
You can try disconnecting the kill wire from the side of the magneto, and see if you then get spark. Might have a short to ground somewhere along the wire.

/ Farmall H #5  
Welcome to TBN.

You should take the time to fill out your profile. Especially your location. Certain questions that come up can only be answered accuratly if we have a general Idea where you are from. You dont need to be specific though.

And definatally check out the parts/repair section. Be prepared for a ton of help and more questions and suggestions of things to try to help you troubleshoot.:thumbsup: