/ new member #1  

ems

Tractor
john deere 318
currently own John Deere 318 that I'm looking to replace/upgrade in the next year. Have 3+ acres and need to cut/bag grass/leaves, loader for tree clearing and maybe snowblower. Am between the Kubota BX and John Deere 2305, and am investigating dealers that would ship out of state to New England.

/ new member #4  
Welcome to TBN!!! I would not go with a 2305...John Deere just came out with a new 1000 series that looks very nice...They are replacing the 2305...

/ new member
Welcome to TBN!!! I would not go with a 2305...John Deere just came out with a new 1000 series that looks very nice...They are replacing the 2305...

Thanks, I've heard that as well, but have not been able to find any info on it...even at the jd dealers. I get a little nervous about buying any new release/first year product, which brings me back to the BX.
Thanks again

/ new member #7  
I was in a very similar situation a few years ago. JD318, 3 acres (all grass) here in CT. Took FOREVER to cut with the 318 (which was a good machine) Picked up a 2305 with Mid-Mount mower and FEL - never looked back. It's been a great machine. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. I have heard of the new 1000 series, but don't believe delivery will begin until spring, and then I imagine they'd be tough to find. Whatever you decide. Good luck!

/ new member #8  
Thanks, I've heard that as well, but have not been able to find any info on it...even at the jd dealers. I get a little nervous about buying any new release/first year product, which brings me back to the BX.
Thanks again

Well, then you can't go wrong with a BX. :thumbsup:

/ new member #9  
No bad choices here. It will probably come down to the quality of your local dealers parts and service department.

I bought a new deck from my 318 last year. I had already changed out the spindle bearings once, and after 20 years the deck was beat up pretty bad. Size went down to a 48 inch deck, found an old one that had never been used at my Deere dealer.

Now the 318 is sem-retired (well, I did get near rears for it so maybee it's really re-tired :laughing:) and just cuts the immediate area around the house that I can't get with the bigger 4520 and rotary cutter.

Pete

/ new member #10  
Don't foget to look into the Massey GC2400 or GC2600. I priced JD, Kubota, NH & IH and got the best deal from Massey. I have 3 acres to cut and MMM works great. FEL has been all I could have dreamed of especially will all the snow I had to move this winter. Massey was having a deal on free MMM if you bought tractor. I think now its a free snowblower. You will need to check their web site to see what they are offering now.:thumbsup: