first tractor purchase

/ first tractor purchase #1  

bushog

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135
Hello forum members.

This past weekend I've purchased my first tractor, a 1974 Massey Ferguson 135. This tractor has the AD3.152 Perkins diesel which starts great and runs smoothly. It also has power steering, and the tractor itself appears very clean to me, with no dents in the sheet metal, and only mild surface rust. I have a small piece of property (10 acres) where I will use this tractor for light bush-hogging, driveway grading, and other misc light chores. At least that was my original intent; trouble is, the more I look at this tractor, the more grand illusions I'm beginning to have of a nicely restored old tractor. I suppose the place I should start, however, is with a good shop and parts manual. Would anyone care to steer me in the right direction on that.

I've seen several shop manuals online, such as the I&T Manual for $19.95 on Amazon.com, as well as others like the one listed on Yesterday's Tractors site (MF 135 Gas and Dsl (Has Wiring Diagram) Service Manual 355 Pages (Part No: MH-S-MF135,150) which goes for $44.95. In fact, does anyone have this manual, and if so, would you recommend it as worth the cost.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.