I'm a New member

/ I'm a New member #1  

BigJhon

Tractor
Ford 1100
Hi, My name is Jhon & I'm a new member at TBN. I am a 37 yr. old T-4,5 paraplegic wheelchair user & I own a Ford 1100 that my Grandma bought new back in the early '80s. It has been (and still is) a great tractor & has given me NO trouble until a recent issue I had with it. My issue is this & I was hoping that someone might be able to help me with it: Recently, after I changed the oil in the tractor and shut it down to double check the oil level when I pulled the dip stick out, it blew oil in my face (my buddy that was there got a good kick out of that). I didn't think a whole lot about it b/c it seemed to be fine afterwards. The next time that I pulled the tractor out, it only ran for about 3 or 4 min.s & it then blew the dip stick across the yard. I was thinking that maybe there is a PCV valve somewhere that needed to be replaced or maybe some sort of vent tube was blocked. I checked with my local tractor retailer & was told that there is no PCV valve & that maybe it was time for a ring-job?.?. The tractor does not have many hours on it (less than 600) & it has been pretty well maintained do you have any suggestions as to what my problem might be?