New guy in Texas

/ New guy in Texas #1  

jtrux

I'm looking at purchasing a property in town that sits on an acre. I have convinced myself that a sub-compact is the way to go. It's a flat piece of land but half is pretty rough and really never was maintained so it's in need of some work. The front half is beautiful st augustine grass (my fav) with plenty of live oaks. I've helped the owner of the house maintain the front half with either his 42" or 54" MTD mowers. The problem with the back is that it's over grown with typical native bushes and lots of densely packed live oaks that need to be trimmed as well as thinned out a bit. There's also no fence on the property.

Anyways i've been searching the internet for info on sub-compacts and this site keeps coming up and the vast majority of info i've recieved has come from here so i've finally become a member.

I think a Kubota BX is right for me. Now I haven't bought the property yet but hope to soon so when I do i'll be making a purchase, I just want to be educated before I take the plunge.

/ New guy in Texas #3  
:welcome: - I'm sure everyone at TBN will be able to help you make the right purchase and use / maintain your tractor in the best way. I'd take a look at the Kubota buying forum for best tips & advice... Kubota Buying/Pricing - TractorByNet.com

/ New guy in Texas #4  
:welcome: to TBN! With the BX, would you be doing any work in ground with heavy brush or doing any form of land clearing? The BX tractors have a hydrostatic fan that can break pretty easily so if you do get a BX look into a Brotek skid plate. :thumbsup:

/ New guy in Texas
Its not very rough but it sounds like worth while investment regardless.

/ New guy in Texas #7  
Welcome from East Texas.

Charlie:thumbsup: