California wine country mowing

/ California wine country mowing #1  

OldNOrnery

Tractor
Kubota B7500 JD X500 JD570 JD 3320
Hellloooo from hilly wine country. I've just finished my first season mowing with a used Kubota B7500 working a Gearmore rotary mower. I've been using a John Deere All Terrain 26HP X500 with mower deck for 5 years. I mow roughly 10 acres of rough pasture...uh, let's call it what it is: an obstacle course... on a sloping parcel in Sonoma County, northern California underlain with river cobble. As we all know, gnomes spend all winter pushing that cobble up to the surface.

I see every issue every tractor driver sees, especially stability on slopes and around obstacles and, I'm afraid, either too little HP or the wrong attachment for the job. I'll be posting about mowers soon. Be gentle. I'm still learning. I've been reading threads here for about a week. Ciao for now.

/ California wine country mowing #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ California wine country mowing #3  
Hellloooo from hilly wine country. I've just finished my first season mowing with a used Kubota B7500 working a Gearmore rotary mower. I've been using a John Deere All Terrain 26HP X500 with mower deck for 5 years. I mow roughly 10 acres of rough pasture...uh, let's call it what it is: an obstacle course... on a sloping parcel in Sonoma County, northern California underlain with river cobble. As we all know, gnomes spend all winter pushing that cobble up to the surface.

I see every issue every tractor driver sees, especially stability on slopes and around obstacles and, I'm afraid, either too little HP or the wrong attachment for the job. I'll be posting about mowers soon. Be gentle. I'm still learning. I've been reading threads here for about a week. Ciao for now.

Send a few bottles of that fine wine my way and I promise to never say an unkind word! :licking: If not, :( well welcome anyway.