New land owner

/ New land owner #1  

TheOnlyQP

Hello everyone, my name is Jason. We are closing on our house (5.25 acres) in September. There is about an acre of lawn as well as 3.5 acres of rough pasture and a pond. I am looking to get a tractor to take care of it all. The last owner had a Kubota M5030su with loader and a ton of implements. Unfortunately he alreadY sold it.

I figure I'll want a CUT with a loader, bush hog, and box blade to start. Eventually we want to do some light grading in the back yard, and probably have a 1/4 acre food plot.

If there are any good models I can used for under 10k I'd like to know about them. I've looked at the really old ones and brand new ones so far. In between I'm a little lost.

Let the research begin!

/ New land owner #3  
Welcome and you will get a lot of good advice.

I bet have done some search and have a good idea what you need.

I started with a Manhindra 2816 w FEL and liked it... bought it to do food plot at my best friends ranch.. Did not feel right using his tractor... That one was too small and now have a Kubota Mx5100. I really like this tractor a lot... In fact buying it some land so it can play in it's dirt...

/ New land owner #4  
welcome.

I'm a ford/NH guy and like them.. but any of the big brand name machines are quality and will work for you.

soundguy

/ New land owner #5  
Welcome aboard! I am in central Texas and have a similarly sized property as yours, sans pond. I am using a Kubota L3700SU with a FEL and 5 foot shredder for most of my maintenance. I also have a box blade and landscape rake, both of which have seen limited abuse thus far as my drives are still in good shape and I haven't started my dirt moving projects yet due to the heat and work schedule.