New to me Ford 4000 Diesel owner

/ New to me Ford 4000 Diesel owner #1  

mrmanners

Tractor
74 Ford 4000 Diesel
Hello all. Bought a nicely maintained 74 Ford 4k about 6 months ago and wanted to see what information is out there about it. I am vary familiar with forums as I am a member/vendor on the Duramax Forum so i will use the search button as much as I can so I don't where out my welcome.

/ New to me Ford 4000 Diesel owner #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ New to me Ford 4000 Diesel owner #3  
Congrats on the 4000 I had a 70 model 2000 loved that tractor I think you will be very pleased with yours. The only reason I don't still have mine is my land requires 4 wd

/ New to me Ford 4000 Diesel owner
Thanks for the welcome. It actually had to go in for some work just about a month ago. I was having some problems with it losing power. Thought it was a fuel issue so went through 3-4 fuel filters along with a tank drain and cleaning. That didn't work so off to the shop it went. They found that when it was rebuilt about 10 yrs ago they used the wrong head gasket which left the head to close to the #1 piston causing to strike the bottom of the head when it got warmed up.

Now repaired, I have been running the fire out of it lately mowing grass. So far so good with the motor. Now I have to deal with a broke steering actuator bracket. If it is not one thing it is another.... :(