But I don't want to be a farmer!

/ But I don't want to be a farmer! #1  

Feydakin

Tractor
Kubota L2900
well, mostly..

Wifey is retiring from her 'job', recently retired from the USAF (LT Colonel).. I still work, but she decided that she wanted to be a farmer.. So off we go..

Recently purchased 100 acres in Tennessee and she plans to raise a few horses, highland cows, and goats.. We have plenty of horse and goat experience but the cows will be something new.. To make life easier we bought a 1998 Kubota L2900 with all the fixins and just finished building the first barn. Next comes setting up pastures, more buildings, building a house and soooo much more that I really hope will turn out to be more fun than work.. :D

Me, I work online, building web sites, doing marketing, and am a jeweler. I also happen to be a fair mechanic and welder so my role here will be to fix broken stuff and build fences. Everything else I'm hoping to leave up to her.

Now if we can just get my engineer wife to speed up her thinking and slow down her hands I won't worry quite so much.. I shot this video a couple days ago of her using the brush hog for the first time with my phone.. I do believe she likes it..

[youtube_browser]jcSSmJQjMLY[/youtube_browser]

/ But I don't want to be a farmer! #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ But I don't want to be a farmer! #3  
Congratulations on your new adventure! What part of TN are you in?

/ But I don't want to be a farmer! #4  
Welcome

Looks like she taking to the tractor well. If she is happy, the rest of the farm will be happy. Tennessee is a beautiful State with a lot of history, many things to do, good mild climate with 4 season, and a reasonable cost of living. Now you have 100 acres to enjoy.

Will you have to get another tractor for you or will wifey allow you to use HER tractor from time to time?

Enjoy your country living.

/ But I don't want to be a farmer!
We are just outside a small town called Scott's Hill. It's near nothing, but about 30 miles south east of Lexington, TN. Very quiet out here.

She loves the tractor. And she has a nice healthy concern/fear of it. We were lifting heavy equipment off the trailer with the bucket, a soil pulverizer, and when she lowered the bucket too fast and then stopped it lifted a rear wheel off the ground for a second. Since then she makes little moves and thinks about things carefully.. She's way smart when it comes to engineering etc., but her real world experience tends to be a bit off.. I'm constantly yelling at her to stop and rethink what she is doing.. But she is getting a lot better..

I'm actually looking forward to this change.. This fall one of the neighbors who is a logger is going to spend some time with me ripping out a tree line in exchange for most of the wood so I can start building my 10 acre(ish) lake..

If nothing else it will help get me out from behind the computer all day..