Looking at compact utility tractors

/ Looking at compact utility tractors #1  

Giesetraveler

Tractor
Ford 5000 gas
Hi Folks,
After trying to turn untill pasture of 30+yrs my 500 Artic cat is asking for a little help. I will be looking at a Yanmar 19 hp tomorrow but don't know the model yet. I have been looking at gas 20-40 hp used rigs. Is a 19 hp 4wd diesel anywhere comprable?
I can see using a small disk and harrow and have several small plots 1/2 to 5 ac. In size totaling maybe 25 ac. Max all the rest of the 90 is timber. I have a Kunz small plow and it along with a disc will do about all I need with a small tractor. As a newbie to tractors I'm open to any help and coments.
Was looking at Fords before stumbling on this Yanmar.
Thanks

/ Looking at compact utility tractors #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Looking at compact utility tractors #3  
Try the website TractorData,com Or scroll down TBN's forums for tractors makes and models. In the end, the final choice is yours, but I cannot envision 19HP being enough. Engine HP differs from PTO HP. Good Luck.:welcome::tractor:

/ Looking at compact utility tractors
Thanks,
I'm also not sure 19 hp is enough. This is a diesel and I have read you can do more with less hp because of their power curve but I have no experience.
Just starting to look so am not is a screeming hurry.
thanks again for the fast response.

/ Looking at compact utility tractors #5  
When you say "turn" do you mean plow? If so, 40 HP would be about right for 25 acres.

/ Looking at compact utility tractors
Yes, i am trying to take fallow land back from Mom nature:)
My soil is sandy loam my tillable portion has no rocks but lots of tree roots...
Sod layer is 3 inches and ph 5.6 fine sand below. Will be adding lime this Fall.
Once plowed and planted I think the hardest work will be done. Maybe I should hire someone to do it and use a smaller tractor thereafter? My experience with having someone else do the work has led to uneven fields and poorly harrowed it!s hard to walk on so I am a little gun shy.