Default ricsev

I am building a scissor hoist for either a flatbed or dump trailer application. I am looking for the equation which will answer the size of hydraulic cylinder and rod.
    I will check what is possible already posted concerning this.
    Looking at an existing unit which is designed for a 8 to 12 ft bed, 10,000 Lb rating It has a 4" cylinder with 1 3/4" rod ,3000 psi. I have been told I can use a 4" cylinder with an 18" stroke and a 1.5" rod. 2500 psi. instead. I believe the calculation will show the 18" ram is sufficient only I would like to know the numbers.

Default Re: ricsev

I am building a scissor hoist for either a flatbed or dump trailer application. I am looking for the equation which will answer the size of hydraulic cylinder and rod.
    I will check what is possible already posted concerning this.
    Looking at an existing unit which is designed for a 8 to 12 ft bed, 10,000 Lb rating It has a 4" cylinder with 1 3/4" rod ,3000 psi. I have been told I can use a 4" cylinder with an 18" stroke and a 1.5" rod. 2500 psi. instead. I believe the calculation will show the 18" ram is sufficient only I would like to know the numbers.
    I realize that I will change the length of arms due to increase in stroke of 2".