Hello from Australia!

/ Hello from Australia! #1  

camelbok

Tractor
kubota 6800
Hi all, finally introducing myself after looking for way too long (sorry!).We have 200 acres of ex caneland, thick bush, bordering on rainforest. I have a old 428 cat backhoe that does the job of general earthworks. We just have purchased a 2004 case jx90u from a auction with a intresting past. The tractor come from a company that used it for dragging around dewatering pumps etc. It turns out that the tractor was left down in a low lying area one night and it rained to point where the tractor went under water. Anyway we bought it knowing that but while on transport someone decided they needed some parts off it more than us! So we are now up for hyd. pumps,wiring looms, various cab parts etc before we can use it. Fingers crossed the water hasn't corroded too many parts. Hoping to find someone on this forum that can help guide us through what we need to do to get this red rocket going.Thanks, great site.

/ Hello from Australia! #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Hello from Australia! #3  
Sounds like a interesting project! It's an unfortunate blow the thieves helped themselves. Hope you can find all the parts you need, and get your project up and running.

Good luck and welcome!!

Dean

/ Hello from Australia! #5  
Welcome! From what part of Australia are you from? I from the US, but lived in Adelaide for 2yrs. Loved it! Kinda wished I'd stayed.

/ Hello from Australia!
We live in Mackay, Central Queensland.

/ Hello from Australia! #7  
camelbok,

Possibly, the best way to get started and gain the most from this forum would be to inventory all of the parts you need to replace and in the appropriate thread, state the problem you have and tell forum members what the parts are that are needed. Be as specific as possible and members will very likely provide advice and council in every way they can to help you locate and acquire the parts needed.

If you need assistance in the repair/assembly process, let the forum members know what you are needing assistance with and you should be on your way to utilizing the great depth of knowledge and experience that is available. All you need to do is ask.

Nick, North West Farmer

/ Hello from Australia!
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will compile what parts i can see that i need shortly. In the meantime what part of the forum do i ask what parts can be crossed over from other brands?

/ Hello from Australia! #9  
camelbok,

Regarding your question of: What part of the forum do I ask what part can be crossed over from other brands?

If you go to the main index, each of the forum categories are described or defined.

In glancing down the list of options I saw three areas, any one of which would probably include your question, depending upon how your worded it.
The following categories seemed to be possibilities:
Ag Tractors & Machinery
Parts & Repairs
Construction Equipment

There may also be other categories that would apply, but the place to start would probably be the Main Forum Index and read the explanation of proposed content for the various forum subjects.

If a member or members feels you should have chosen a different category, they will definitely let you know and will most likely suggest a category they feel is more appropriate.

Good luck on your project.

Nick, North West Farmer

/ Hello from Australia! #10  
hello aussi...I have a son that lives in bunbury.He's a doctor there