So many tractors, so little time

/ So many tractors, so little time #12  
Kudos to your wife, I'm hoping to get healthy by working the farm and to have my own tractor but "our" tractor will come first.

We have a perfect field for clay pigeon shooting when we get some time.

Looking at all the different forums on the board, nice. Wondering if there are many KY people. A TN member on the koi board, told me about this board.

welcome I am also from Kentucky, the northern part. Are you from the western part?

/ So many tractors, so little time #13  
Just bought 67 acres in KY for wildlife habitat. 57 is mature timber and will stay that way :thumbsup: Looking for a tractor, I know we need 4 wheel drive and a loader. Trying to decide on a brand and how many HP. Will be using it for some corn crops, mowing and moving dead wood.

10 acres - grass so keeping it mowed.

Have some hills, would like a fishing pond.

Welcome neighbor.

/ So many tractors, so little time
welcome I am also from Kentucky, the northern part. Are you from the western part?
Our farm is in Hart county so I guess thats central KY, thanks for the welcome!

Welcome neighbor.

Thank you. My home county is Bullitt. I work with FSA,NRCS and conservation for Bullitt county.

Found a tractor yesterday. Hope I did good, been watching for a used tractor and this one was close to the farm. Mahindra 6500, 4 x 4, loader and 7 foot bushhog. 800 hours and 3 years old, looks new.
:tractor:

Good to have you aboard. Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavor. :tractor:

Thank you. I've worked in a farm office for 11 years, have a total respect for our farmers and the hard work they do.

/ So many tractors, so little time #16  
Our farm is in Hart county so I guess thats central KY, thanks for the welcome!

Thank you. My home county is Bullitt. I work with FSA,NRCS and conservation for Bullitt county.

Found a tractor yesterday. Hope I did good, been watching for a used tractor and this one was close to the farm. Mahindra 6500, 4 x 4, loader and 7 foot bushhog. 800 hours and 3 years old, looks new.
:tractor:

My wife retired from FSA in Missouri a couple of years ago.

Cool!

Our FSA is on the closure list, the counties would get moved. Scary stuff with the budget cuts. We'll know something soon.

/ So many tractors, so little time #18  
Cool!

Our FSA is on the closure list, the counties would get moved. Scary stuff with the budget cuts. We'll know something soon.

Hers was one of the bigger ones, so they are safe, but they are not filling positions as people retire and those that are left are working themselves to death.

It always cracks me up when I read of those "high paid government workers" as I know how little she made.:laughing:

/ So many tractors, so little time #19  
Thank you. I've worked in a farm office for 11 years, have a total respect for our farmers and the hard work they do.

This is my first year with the FSA and the NRCS,really nice folks....

We have two places one is 453acres(around 250 woods,30 hay,other cattle pasture)and the other 136acres(around 40 woods,38 hay,other cattle pasture),we run a Kubota 7040,4x4,cab&ldr,and a Kubota 5040,4x4,ldr...

Hers was one of the bigger ones, so they are safe, but they are not filling positions as people retire and those that are left are working themselves to death.

It always cracks me up when I read of those "high paid government workers" as I know how little she made.:laughing:
Exactly. Our building houses 3 counties. They want to divide us and move them to counties outside our area. Most of our farmers are older, they don't need to drive further.

This is my first year with the FSA and the NRCS,really nice folks....

We have two places one is 453acres(around 250 woods,30 hay,other cattle pasture)and the other 136acres(around 40 woods,38 hay,other cattle pasture),we run a Kubota 7040,4x4,cab&ldr,and a Kubota 5040,4x4,ldr...
Wow, nice. Hope the flooding isn't hurting you. First the drought and now this. I think some of our Farm Bureau trips have been to Texas farms.